We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zion,bryce canyons

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ridgway...
reviews: 1
zion,bryce canyons

when is the best time of the year to visit utah and all the canyons? Milly

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
reviews: 379
1. Re: zion,bryce canyons

Welcome to the forum, MILLY824.

I like to visit in the fall, say early October. Spring, say late May, is my second choice. These times aviod the high heat of summer (although the humidity is low even in the summer). Do take into account the elevation at some places, like Bryce Canyon (8000 feet above sea level) will make is a bit cooler as well.

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 3
2. Re: zion,bryce canyons

Hey Milly, greetings to a fellow Western Pennsylvanian! :) You'll love visitng Southern UT.!! As OhioHick states, avoid mid to late June thru August.....even early Sept. can be a bit hot depending on the elevation. Since we've moved out west (17 years ago) We've spent a minimum of a week each year in Southern Utah hiking. My favorite place in the US to camp! Enjoy

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 125
3. Re: zion,bryce canyons

I love spring (mid March to the end of May) because you get all the wildflowers in the desert.

Fall (sept through Oct) would be a second choice for me, though it tends to have better chances for good weather

Though if you want to do any water activities or high mountain drives then July and August are the preferred months.

Ridgway...
4. Re: zion,bryce canyons

Thanks we are looking towards fall sept to oct. Have you traveled throughout Utah to most of the canyons and rock formations. Which is the best route to follow. A pa. lady in the allegheny mts. Milly824

Edited: 8:16 pm, May 21, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 125
5. Re: zion,bryce canyons

You can start by reading this article. : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28965-i411-k54540…

Or by checking on the Utah forum at the top right column Top Questions and reading some of the plans already put together under "How can I see all the parks in Southern Utah??" tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28965-i411-Utah.h… These pages have maps for the various options.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 88
6. Re: zion,bryce canyons

My Favorite time is April as the weather is usually always nice ( sometimes a little rainy) But there are usually deer to see as well as other small animals that time of year at Zion, as well as the Water is flowing for the Waterfalls.

Are you planning on staying in St George to visit these places? While you can do that, you are not really that close to either place. Zion is about a 1 hour drive from St George. But, St George is a fun place to visit all on its own, theres lots to do in the area. Its usually suggested though to stay in Springdale which is right at the entrance basically to the Canyon.

Edited: 12:38 am, May 22, 2013
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
7. Re: zion,bryce canyons

There's no bad time for visiting. We love both april/may and september/october. We keep coming back. Btw loved Allegheny Mts. We drove us6 all the way through PA. Awesome! Even saw a bear!

Ridgway...
8. Re: zion,bryce canyons

Hey Punxsyboy, glad to hear from a former local. Been wanting to travel all thru Utah in perhaps 2 weeks if that is possible. Is it hard to find lodgings going from place to place?? going to rent a car in Vegas and travel to all parks. Any suggestions? Milly

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
9. Re: zion,bryce canyons

If you coming in high season (let's say may-oct) I suggest to make reservations at the National Parks.

10. Re: zion,bryce canyons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014