We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. George with dogs

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
St. George with dogs

My husband and I live in Las Vegas and looking to do a weekend getaway with our dogs. We will be staying in St. George but would like to visit Zion as well. Neither of us have been to the area before. We have our hotel but looking for things to do with our dogs on Saturday. We are in our early 30s and our dogs are 7 and 11. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
1. Re: St. George with dogs

The PaRus trail is the only place where you can take your dogs in Zion. You'll be severely limited there. I understand that are a couple of good places in Springdale to board the dogs for a day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
2. Re: St. George with dogs

You will find the actual St George area to be quite Dog Friendly with dogs allowed in alot of area such as Snow Canyon ect. Theres also plenty to do just in St George for people visiting.

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge/

Wondering what Hotel you found in St George? There are some good ones, and ones not as good.

Cedar City, UT
reviews: 113
3. Re: St. George with dogs

As RedRox said, only the PaRus trail is available in Zion so day boarding would be a good option for a day there. I'm pretty sure that I've seen a doggy day motel on the right either going into Rockville or between Rockville and Springdale.

Before getting to Rockville there is also a primitive camping area along the river that I enjoy taking my dog to, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're coming in the next few weeks as the river will be running high and fast so easy for a dog to get swept away.

Another spot my dog loves is the Sand Hollow State Park, Hwy 9, four miles from the Int. 15 exit to Hurricane. The road back into it is another couple of miles. The day use fee is $10. Just past the entrance booth is a road to the right that follows all the way around the back of the lake, past the campground and sand dune area to numerous dirt roads down to the lake where the water is shallow and the ground sandy.

As a state park, they do have a leash law allow I've never had a ranger approach me or others who are letting our dogs have a good swim. Many of those pullouts also have picnic tables so nice place for dogs and humans.

St. George has an extensive bike/walk trail and lots of trails in Snow Canyon which is a beautiful place, but also requires a leash.

Have a great doggy weekend.

4. Re: St. George with dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 16, 2014