We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Jordan, Utah
reviews: 38
Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

My husband and I want to go away before summer. We want to visit Zion's Park, hike and ride horses.

The lodges I've seen are like 400 per weekend.

Should we stay in a nice urban hotel in St. George and drive to our adventures instead those nice hotels in the wilderness? Such as riding horses, hiking in Zion's Park and stuff ?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 8
1. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

There are places in Springdale just outside the park at all different price levels. No need to commute close to an hour or so each way everyday.

The horse ride inside Zion is pretty tame, nose to tail trail riding.

You may want to look into something like this outside the park.

www.ziontrailrides.com

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
2. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

Hi Sliviane, and welcome to the TA forums.

That is great that you want to visit Zions, It is a beautiful place to see. I agree with Dez that you might be able to find something in Springdale more economical. It is a fun little town. I haven't heard anything bad about any of the hotels there, though certainly the cheaper ones may have less to offer in amenities. If you can't find anything there, then try Hurricane. It is about half an hour closer than St George and would work as well.

Have a fun time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
3. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

Can you give us a little more info? What lodging have you been looking for that are so expensive, were those in Springdale or where? can you specify?

Glen Carbon...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

I don't want to stay in a hotel prefer a condo or a unit with a kitchen. Does anyone know much about Sand Hollow rentals or Coral Springs. Springdale hotels are twice the amt as St George I.e. Laquinta 179 vs 89.

The nicer lodges are already booked for our Oct. trip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
5. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

mom4u,

Coral Springs is very nice, My sister stayed there last year and enjoyed her stay, but it is quite expensive there usually. I dont know much about Sand Hollow, except to say it should be fine to stay at too, I have not heard anything negative about it.

Sand Hollow area though would be about a 1 hour drive from that area to Zion though though making it perhaps a little farther drive for you, but it might be about the same travel time as Coral Springs. But, Coral Springs is close to the road that you would take to get to Zion, so likely more convenient for you.

Hurricane is one of those "blink or you will miss it" towns with not many services. There is a nice Walmart in that area thats on the way to Zion though, otherwise you would need to go into Washington or St George for any real shopping.

While I really like the St George area, and there is alot to do there ect.....If you really want to stay in Springdale which would have much more of a vacation atmosphere Imo since Springdale is nestled right near the Main Entrance into Zion, and has the beautiful Scenery of the Park as well as some nice places to eat there. I would suggest you keep trying to get into somewhere there. You will have to be persistant by calling direct to where you want to stay at least once a day, but there are always cancelation and you can usually always get in by doing that if you dont give up. You may want to reserve somewhere else you may want to stay with a cancelable reservation though just in case. Alot of Oct is a popular time to visit that area.

Edited: 4:39 pm, August 07, 2013
Bedford,U.K
reviews: 5
6. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

Ive always stayed in Hurricane for Zion.

Just worked out more cost effective for me the last couple of times and half hour commute is not a big deal. Sure the Wal-Mart helps.

However, this time I will actively try to book something in Springdale even through I'm a solo traveler

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
7. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

But the op is planning on staying at the farther edge of Hurricane where both places are going to be about a 1 hour drive to Zion.......

8. Re: Which hotel is the best? Saint George and Zion's Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 09, 2014