We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St George must do's

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Fl
reviews: 18
St George must do's

Will be in St George Fri and Sat, looking for "must do" recommendations and restaurants.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 88
1. Re: St George must do's

Lots to do in the area, what are your interests? as well as what kind of food do you like? what kind of budget will you have for food?

Keep in mind its still pretty hot in St George, so some things you will likely want to do in the Morning or evening hours.

It looks like there are also some show going on this weekend at the Tuachann Ampitheatre which is a large outdoor threatre located next to the Mountainside in Ivins a short drive from Downtown St George.

http://calendar.utahstgeorge.com/

Historic homes to visit

Tuacahn Amphitheatre.... is an outdoor threatre located against beautiful redrock cliffs

http://www.tuacahn.org/

Dinosaur Museum

Snow Canyon

Here are some photos of Snow Canyon and more info

http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/snow-canyon

The Ivins Petroglphs..... are worth seeing as well here is a review as well as photos

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

…mac.com/venitar/…petroglyphs.html

And Zion National Park............ is deffinately worth a visit

zionnational-park.com/images/…index30.htm

Here is a list of top 10 things to do,

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge

Edited: 12:15 pm, September 24, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
2. Re: St George must do's

Heres that link for Zion Photos

zionnational-park.com/images/…index16.htm

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
3. Re: St George must do's

It looks like the Ivins petroglyphs link is not working, heres a better one with the location ect. The road is not that great to get out to the side, it would be better in something such as an SUV

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/48876757

Melbourne, Fl
reviews: 18
4. Re: St George must do's

Just my husband and I, we are active 52yr olds that like to walk and hike. Enjoy shows and all types of food, no budget but don't like to pay exuberant amounts to eat out. Thanks for all the info, appreciate it!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
5. Re: St George must do's

The Painted Pony is a good restaurant for a nicer but not too expensive meal.

For more standard diner type of food but good, especially thier breakfast would be the Black Bear Diner.

The Bear Paw... is also good for Breakfast i have heard.

The Pizza Factory... has good pizza, but is more of a make your own pasta, salad ect and have good freshly made breadsticks, its a nice spot for lunch, located in Santa Clara.( really part of St George, sort of like a suberb.

Kneaders Bakery..... has good soup and sandwiches as well as all kinds of freshly made breads and all kinds of delicious desserts.

Theres also the various standard chain restaurants such as Applebees, Red Lobster, Chilies ect.

Edited: 11:47 pm, September 24, 2012
Utah
reviews: 56
6. Re: St George must do's

Welcome to St George! A great time to visit. The temps have been sunny and warm, with a nice breeze! In the high 80's! It does get cool at night...so light jackets and sweaters are appropriate! There is tons of history here! Enjoy the scenery, there are walking trails everywhere! Here is yet another link to one of my favorite spots! www.coyotegulchartvillage.com It is just past the Ivins area. Its a artsy spot with great shops and fun. I see they are having a band playing Sat. the 29th. It is a FREE event! The Xetava Garden Cafe is wonderful...great food and gift shop. The mocha lattes are deliciousl! The menu is on the site along with everything going on there! Its small and casual...alot of fun! I am sure two days will not be enough to do it all but I would highly recommend Kayenta (Coyote Gulch). Springdale is the town right before Zion park. It is a great tourist town...lots of shops, restaurants etc...that is wonderful and it's cool there. Lots of hiking trails and the riverwalk is great! We always eat at Egg & I for breakfast...great quality and reasonable, very good food! They are only open untill 2:30pm on weekends, located off Sunset Rd and Bluff going towards Tuachan. If you like Greek, the Mad Pita is a great place, it's counter service atmosphere or Basille's for sit down dinners. If you have any questions...just let me know and I will find out for you...good luck, have fun and safe travels!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
7. Re: St George must do's

I agree. Bear Paw is nice for breakfast and lunch. Also don't miss the down town area and visit the Tabernacle.

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 4
8. Re: St George must do's

My husband & I are visiting St. George this coming Tuesday & Wednesday to explore the area, it's our first visit. We read posts from Sept. & it sounds very nice. Any suggestions for the 'off' season of November?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
9. Re: St George must do's

Welcome to the Forums Twodamoon,

Nov is not really the "off Season" its pretty nice cool weather in most of Nov. Tues and Wed fo next week should have pretty nice weather with a slight chance of rain before that. But it has to be around 50% or so to really see any rain.

The things to do in this thread would still be good for a visit in Nov as well.

If you would like more help such as finding somewhere to stay, you can let us know a budget per night for a Hotel as well as what your looking for. Or you can also ask for any other info you may be needing.

Edited: 11:26 pm, November 16, 2012
10. Re: St George must do's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 14, 2013