We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tent camping in St George.

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glendale, Arizona
1 post
Tent camping in St George.

My wife and I have heard St. George is a great place to do some 4 wheeling, mtn. biking and camping. We are interested in doing just the above, with maybe some fishing thrown in to boot. But we are looking for the "get away from it all" type of experience. Not campground camping. Are there places to get "out there" and camp in the middle of nowhere?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
14,283 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Tent camping in St George.

There is plenty of BLM land in the area where you could camp.

You can contact the BLM office in St George and try to get a map of the Arizona Strip, and some other nearby areas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
19,930 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: Tent camping in St George.

Welcome to the Forums ken b,

Not all places may offer all of the things you want to do.

I have not visited this park called Sand Hollow Park, but it appears to offer what you are looking for, as they have some Primative Camping, ATV trails and fishing, and biking trails.

www.utah.com/stateparks/sand_hollow.htm

This website has more info on camping around St George

www.utah.com/database/campgrounds/?id=161

Edited: 4:25 pm, September 23, 2012
3. Re: Tent camping in St George.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 07, 2013