We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Mountain Resort questions

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Duxbury
reviews: 4
Red Mountain Resort questions

I think that I may take my wife to the Red Mtn Resort for a relaxing couple of days at the end of Sept. We've never been to UT. We aren't much into guided hikes or group fitness classes but the resort still looks great. Can I rent a high end road bicycle in the area? Is the road riding good in that area? How is the hiking in Zion if you're from back east? Thanks

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
1. Re: Red Mountain Resort questions

No matter where you are from the hiking in Zion is great. There is something for everyone.

A popular bike ride from Red Mountain is in Snow Canyon. Either the Whiptail trail or the West Mt trail.

I'm thinking Red Mt has bikes and sponsors trips there.

USA
reviews: 6
2. Re: Red Mountain Resort questions

There is great biking in the area. The Desert Rat is a sporting goods store in St George that can answer your questions. A guy who works/worked there (2010) was working on a book about bike rides, or at least is extremely knowledgeable. I think they may have maps. Also the Bonneville Cycling Club is based in Salt Lake, but has a group in Cedar City that could help. I hope you can make it to Bryce Canyon NP. It's amazing, and there are miles of great road biking there. I've been to Red Mtn. Great food. Interesting you won't be doing their classes or guided hikes; that's a lot of what you'll be paying for. Snow Canyon is a great place for hiking, and biking, too. There is also great mountain biking in the area.

Edited: 10:03 pm, August 31, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
3. Re: Red Mountain Resort questions

The Red Mountain Spa is located in a beautiful area at the Mouth of Snow Canyon and would be nice to stay at. There are biking trails all over that area. They would likely know where you could rent bikes in the area, im sure thats available since its a popular area for biking and hiking.

I believe they still even offer tours to Zion as well as Pinevalley which is also fun to visit.

The Resort is also very close to Tuacahn Amphitheater, which has some good live plays and music ect in an outdoors threatre setting which is fun.

Hopefully you are aware that St George is over 1 hour away from Zion National Park which has some of the most beautiful scenery in Utah imo.

There are plenty of easy hikes in Zion. There is also a shuttle that takes you to the various hiking trails so you can get on and off as a bus stops in various areas many times during the day either comming or going.

Just so your aware, you can also stay quite close to Zion National Park. Some of the resorts there are right near the entrance to the Canyon.

Heres more info from a recent thread on thing to do in St George and ivins which is where the Red Mountain Spa is located. See reply #1 of this thread

tripadvisor.com/…39758530

Heres a good thread on biking in the area as well as Zion

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g57119-i1379-k5115…

USA
reviews: 6
4. Re: Red Mountain Resort questions

Happytotrip - good advice. Honestly, if it was me, if I wasn't going to do the Red Mtn activities, I would stay in or near Zion and/or Bryce NP.

Duxbury
reviews: 4
5. Re: Red Mountain Resort questions

Thank you all very much for the very helpful info.

6. Re: Red Mountain Resort questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 13, 2013