We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas at South Gate

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kootenays, British...
reviews: 69
Villas at South Gate

We are considering a trip to St. George in late March and have a voucher for the 'Villa at Southgate'. I have been unable to find out anything about this on this site or elsewhere and I was wondering if anyone had any information or experience with this place.

20 replies to this topic
Kootenays, British...
reviews: 69
11. Re: Villas at South Gate

We stayed there last week. I thought the accommodation was clean and comfortable. It was not luxurious but perfectly adequate (I would call it 'middle of the road') with lots of space, two bedrooms, good basic kitchen. The grounds were nice and I liked the adult pool and hot tub and the various available barbeques located throughout the property. People seemed friendly and relaxed and I liked the mix of families, couples and singles. The club house was fine. The condo formed a good base for activities in the region. We had limited dealings with the staff but they seemed pleasant and helpful.

Two issues: 'right on the golf course' sounds nice (although I am not a golfer) but the hackers on the course hit the building while I was there and also nearly hit me. Never a 'fore' to be heard! Secondly, the place was quiet while we were there but when we did have (half) upstairs neighbors the sound traveled very clearly through the floor and I couldn't help wondering what it would be like when it was full.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
12. Re: Villas at South Gate

Thanks for letting us know how your stay went, appreciate the info! Hope you had a wonderful trip!

Ooltewah, Tennessee
reviews: 23
13. Re: Villas at South Gate

I looked at a realty promo for the site. Tennis is "nearby". The only activities on site are swimming (3 pools) and a playground for kids. Everything is within short driving distance--water sports, skiing, hiking, biking, golf. We are leaving this month to visit the same site. We'll spend much of the time away from the resort visitng Zion Natnl Park, Bryce Canyon, and the Arches (5 hrs. away), so it will be fine for our purposes.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
14. Re: Villas at South Gate

Jeanette1216,

As much as i like St George, its not really the most convenient place to visit Zion and Bryce Canyon from. St George is about 1 hours drive to Zion and 2.5 hours to Bryce Canyon. And at least 5 hours to Arches as you mentioned.

You may want to consider staying somewhere closer to one of the attractions you want to visit such as in Springdale which is right next to Zion National Park and is a fun area to stay in as your basically right in the Canyon, and you can take the the few minutes shuttle to the Park entrance. Or at Bryce Canyon, or a mixture of places since they are not that close to each other.

You could consider starting your own post to ask where may be the most convenient place to stay for your specific visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 9
15. Re: Villas at South Gate

We just returned from a week stay with four adults and two kids in our group. Nice place to stay, it was clean and comfortable. Our goal was to visit more of the local state parks, ATV tour, etc. You must have a car, but lots of shopping near by and very easy to get around town.

No on-site store, but the office has lots of sport equipment, games, etc you can borrow. No in-room laundry, but there are 4 washers and dryers to use ($1 to wash & .50 to dry). If you have a large load, be sure to use the newer dryers. Learned this the hard way.

Maryland
reviews: 1
16. Re: Villas at South Gate

Did you ever take that trip? My husand and I are thinking of staying there in May 2014. I called the place and they said they have purchased new bedroom furniture for the units which should come in a couple of months and some work to update the kitchens. I'd be interested in anyone who has stayed there recently.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
17. Re: Villas at South Gate

yaffaMaryland,

Just in case no one gets back to you. You may want to re read through this thread. The orginal OP did report back on thier stay in post #11 of this thread. Also a few other commented on staying there, so Im assuming its very likely fine to stay at.

Not sure what you are staying in St George for, but theres lots to do that could also be suggested for restaurants ect depending on what you may want to do.

Heres whats going on in May so far for the area. But there will likely be alot more added as May is a popular time to visit as weather is usually nice. I believe there is also the Ironman Competiton in May each year, but no info out of that yet.

http://calendar.utahstgeorge.com/index.html

reviews: 1
18. Re: Villas at South Gate

YaffaMaryland -- I have owned a unit in Villas at Southgate for about 20 years, but have banked the last three years for other travels. Two weeks ago, I was on the road through St George and stopped in to see all the updating and redecorating in the clubhouse/office and the units. I was delighted with all the new furnishings and bedding and, although the kitchen hadn't been updated per se, it was still adequate and squeaky clean. I would venture that the "solid three-star rating" is inching closer to four stars now. Enjoy your stay!

Minden, Nevada
19. Re: Villas at South Gate

I'm looking at their site on Interval International - we're going to be there September 22nd. It doesn't say they have a tennis court...so I'd say 'no', they don't.

Colorado
reviews: 101
20. Re: Villas at South Gate

They have a tennis court. But it has waffle pattern plastic sports court decking.

Reply to: Villas at South Gate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted