We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for BYU Football Game

Which Provo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Hotel for BYU Football Game

Hi - My son and I are coming to Provo in September for the game against Texas. Do you have any recs for hotels for this environment? Maybe an option for mid range and high end would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 15
1. Re: Hotel for BYU Football Game

Hey there, how could I pass up your question when it's for such a worthy cause? :D

It's been years since I looked into local hotels unfortunately, but I do have some tips. When our home in the hills was almost burned to a crisp in a wildfire a couple years ago we were put up in a hotel in Sandy for a week when we were evacuated. It was the "Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy" (270 W 10000 S) - as listed on Goog maps - and it was a really good experience and good hotel. Sandy's about 25min from Provo.

There's also a few other hotels near the freeway in Sandy (look on the map near Cowabunga Bay) my folks had luck with years ago.

Lastly and my best advice: try VRBO! (vrbo.com) As my own family has grown larger (5 children), one hotel room doesn't work anymore so we got creative. VRBO is where everyone goes to rent out their cabin or nice vacation home. It is AWESOME. We've done this several times and always end up spending barely more than a nice hotel room, but getting a big nice cabin or house and it's a TON of fun and tons of room for us too. They have reviews etc. as you'd expect. Let me know if you have questions :)

Michael

San Francisco...
reviews: 113
2. Re: Hotel for BYU Football Game

I'm at the Marriott Springhill Suites in Provo now and my husband is staying here for a BYU game. You can walk to the stadium. The Marriott Courtyard is just as close. What I like about the Springhill Suites is the bathroom is separated. One room is toilet and sink and the other room is shower and sink. It makes sharing a room easier. Plus there is a couch, fridge, and microwave. The free breakfast in only okay for me, but the free internet is a plus.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
3. Re: Hotel for BYU Football Game

Provo doesn't have an abundance of hotels. The Springhill and Courtyard, as noted, are two very good options. There's also a Residence Inn just a few blocks further. Downtown Provo is also realistic, with a decent Marriott. Sorry for all the Marriott options, but it is what it is there.

The noted Sandy locations would be fine, but a very long ways to stay for a Provo football game. There are plenty of other options a lot closer. Hopefully you can get into one of the Marriott properties.

Have fun.

Reply to: Hotel for BYU Football Game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted