We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer activity tours

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 96
Summer activity tours

Hi, I am a solo female mid aged traveller who considers herself fairly fit and capable. I am visiting Park City from 28th June - 1st July and would like to do a couple of tours involving hiking, biking, Caving and Sundance. Unfortunately the tour company I contacted needs minimum of 2 people to take my booking. Ideally I'd love to tag onto anyone who is doing a tour on those dates or perhaps TA regional experts may have some suggestions? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 222
1. Re: Summer activity tours

Did you check All Seasons Adventures? Hiking and biking in Park City is pretty easy and you really wouldn't need a guide. You can easily rent a bike and just hit the trails. Similarly with hiking. Checkout trails at mountaintrails.org. Honestly, haven't heard of any caving in the area. I would be cautious on it with a lot of old, unstable mines around. Sundance is about 45 minutes away and can be easily reached by car. Once there, you can go for a walk/hike, have lunch, etc.

What's the level of ability you're seeking in a hike or bike outing?

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 125
2. Re: Summer activity tours

You could make reservations for Timpanogoes cave on your own as well. www.nps.gov/tica/planyourvisit/cavetours.htm

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
3. Re: Summer activity tours

I was going to say Timpanogos Cave is just a few miles past Sundance on the Alpine Loop. It's a great tour and about a two mile hike.

If you are without a car, you could take the shuttle to Deer valley or Canyons for mountain biking rentals and lift rides. There are other companies in town like White Pine Touring, where you can rent a bike and get the lowdown on where to go.

Same with hiking. I actually recommend going over Guardsmen Pass into Big Cottonwood Canyon and looking into hiking Lake Blanche, Wolverine Cirque, or the Brighton Lakes depending on your ambition.

Perth, Australia
4. Re: Summer activity tours

Hi Tumbleweedandcactus, I did check All Seasons and unless I've misread their website their hiking or summer activities cater for a minimum of 2 people. I have emailed them direct to see if they allow solo travellers to tag along with other bookings. Thanks for replying.

Perth, Australia
5. Re: Summer activity tours

Thanks for replying Shake801, it sounds like I'm better off hiring a car and driving to Sundance where I can then hike to Timpanogos or hire a bike or hike around Sundance. I did look at White Pine also but I think they require a 2 person minimum. I appreciate the advice.

Reply to: Summer activity tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted