We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montage and St Regis to Pricey

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montage and St Regis to Pricey

Hi,

We are looking to visit Deer Valley in Jan 2015 with 3 young children. We were wanting to stay at either the Montage or St Regis but the prices are way to high at this time of year. Any recommendations for other accommodation that is still luxurious but not as costly?

Also, am I looking too early for accommodation? Are hotels likely to offer specials closer to the date?

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
1. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

St. Regis and Montage are the highest level hotels in town and, yes, they will be expensive. In that category you can also try Stein Eriksen Lodge, but I would be surprised if it was much less. If you want to stay in Deer Valley some other options include Goldener Hirsch (small, boutique hotel in Silver Lake Village), The Chateau (larger in Silver Lake) or Black Diamond (Snow Park base area). None are at the same level as Montage and St. Regis, but all would be nice.

What are your dates in January?

Have fun.

2. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

Thanks, will take a look at the ones you recommended.

Hoping to arrive 1 Jan (peak)

reviews: 6
3. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

Also consider vacation rentals.

Apollo Beach...
reviews: 33
4. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

I'm a Travel Agent and I run across this all the time. Personally, I go the week Deer Valley opens and get a great rate at the Montage, although you're taking your chances on the snow. But for clients who need to be there in peak times..... If you don't mind leaving Deer Valley, I'd suggest the properties at the Canyon's which tend to be a bit less although not equal to the two you speak of in any way. Check Waldorf Astoria and the Hyatt Escala. I'd say the Waldorf is very beautiful too, just not in as spectacular of a location. Other than that.....dig into the vacation rentals. That all being said.....Park City is wonderful, no matter where you end up!

5. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

Thanks, turns out that if we arrive after 3 jan the rates drop a bit so we have managed to get a better rate for montage and St Regis. Would you recommend one over the other if the prices are not too disimilar although montage is slightly cheaper? (Either 2 interconnecting rooms at montage or a 2 bedroom suite at St Regis). We will also have our 3 kids in ski school.

Apollo Beach...
reviews: 33
6. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

I'll chime in again. I've stayed at both. Both are very beautiful, no doubt. Initially, I thought I would prefer the St. Regis more.....and there's many many reasons to be in awe of the place. It IS a St. Regis after all. I had a one bedroom suite with 2 baths, 2 fireplaces, butler....."the works". The arrival with in the Funicular is very cool and I also loved the outdoor terrace with the fire garden.

But the next year we tried Montage....it's just on a whole other level.

Not to go into too many details but the main difference I felt was, service at the Montage was genuine while I felt service at the St. Regis.....they were just doing their job. I think the Montage location is much more spectacular too.

We're actually headed to Park City this August to see things in the Summer and I told my partner to pick which property he wanted. St. Regis was $100 a night cheaper. He said, "I'm not going if I can't stay at Montage". Rough life when you don't want to stay at a St. Regis, right? LOL

Really, both are great, but Montage just does it better in my opinion.

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 47
7. Re: Montage and St Regis to Pricey

If your children are in DV's ski school, consider the St. Regis, as ski school meets at Snow Park and the St. Regis is much closer to Snow Park. If you're doing private lessons, you can ask the instructor to meet you at the Montage.

Reply to: Montage and St Regis to Pricey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted