We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014

My friend and I, both good skiers, are going to Utah from NYC in late February for 4 days. We would like to ski Alta, Snowbird and Park City. We are planning on renting a car and would like to experience some apres ski and nighlife. Is the following itinerary doable, and does anyone have other suggestions?

Sat night - arrive and stay in SLC

Sunday - ski Alta, stay in Salt Lake at night

Monday - ski Snowbird, drive to Park City to stay there

Tuesday - ski Park City

Tues night - stay in Park City

Wed - ski Park City, drive to airport for redeye flight home

4 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014

I would stay in Park City and drive to Alta/Snowbird one day. Park City has 3 resorts and great night life! Can't be beat. Alta/Snowbird are both beautiful and worth the trip. With all the gear and clothing, I prefer to limit the packing/unpacking!!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 16
2. Re: Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014

Well you will saving some dollars staying in SLC. This looks like a good plan, but just remember if something can go wrong it will. If it snows on your cotton wood canyon days you may or may not be able to get to alta or snowbird. I would bite the bullet and pay the extra to stay in the greater PC area and drive over on good days which may or may not be the days that you have planned.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 195
3. Re: Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014

As noted, definitely will work but if ultimately you want to spend time in PC, just stay there the entire time. Depending on where you stay in SLC, it's really not much further - 45 minutes from PC to Snowbird. It also allows you to ski in PC if you're unable to get up the canyon to Alta or Snowbird. Also, do highly recommend you splurge a bit more for the AltaBird ticket and ski both in one day.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
4. Re: Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014

Why don't you take a shuttle to PC, stay there for the duration (assuming it's in your budget), and rent a car only on the days you want to go to Little Cottonwood Canyon (Alta and Snowbird). The off-slope stuff to do is considerably greater in PC - restaurants, nightlife, etc.

Park City Four Wheel Drive Rental does 24 hour rentals with delivery included - they use only SUVs with 4WD. Or, check out Canyon Hop or Canyon Transportation for a cheaper option.

Reply to: Utah Ski Trip Itinerary Feb 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted