We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

My husband and I are skiing Deer Valley for the first time the first week of March. We'll be staying at Stein Eriksen, which has a ski rental shop in-house. There is also the Deer Valley-run rental shop in Silver Lake. Does anyone have an opinion on which will have better equipment? We don't need anything fancy, but also don't mind paying a bit more for more reliable / better gear. I ski greens and easy blues, and my husband skis blacks but probably not double-blacks, if that information is useful to my question. Thank you!

New York City, New...
1. Re: Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

I might also mention that I am an ambitious skier and hope to transition to more difficult blues (dare I say double-blue?) over this trip, if that makes any difference to where we should rent skis. (For example, would I need to exchange my rentals partway through our stay for more advanced skis?) Thank you again.

Edited: 4:42 pm, January 17, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
2. Re: Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

I have been doing a fair bit of research and it appears that most places have good up to date equipment. Booking early week give you a 20% discount just about anywhere. You don't need demo skis or even the next highest package no matter how much ti improve. All rentals will let you swap skis if you don't like what you have. Your expert skier may want to upgrade.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 239
3. Re: Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

You'll likely be cheaper at Silver Lake but much more convenient at Stein's. I would go that route. It also gives you the opportunity to talk to the rental shop in your own hotel if you want to change skis, upgrade, etc. Quality wise you'll be fine either place, but you'll get more personalized attention and more ready access to better equipment at Stein's.

Have fun.

New York City, New...
4. Re: Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

Thanks to you both -- that is good advice. I think we'll go with renting at Stein's. I can't wait to ski at Deer Valley.

5. Re: Ski Rental - Stein Eriksen or DV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 20, 2015