We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
reviews: 1
Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?

Hi, I will be out there in a few days and was wondering if there was any fun gondola rides that we could take to a scenic point or a restaurant up on the mountains? I understand Solitude has an aerial tram, but it's unclear whether or not you have to have a lift ticket to use it. I would be willing to pay $15, $20 but not $100 just for sightseeing and/or dining. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
1. Re: Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?

So, I looked at the PCMR website and it shows that there are scenic lift rides in the summer. I would think there are in winter also. parkcitymountain.com/site/…scenic-lift-rides

Maybe a call to the resorts you will be visiting? There is no question you will have to buy some kind of ticket to use any tram, lift, etc.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
2. Re: Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?

For sure, Solitude only has chairlifts and there's no realistic destination other than going up the mountain. The best option in region is the gondola at Canyons Resort that will take you to Red Pine Lodge, where there's a cafeteria. The scenic views on the gondola ride are outstanding. The view from Red Pine is OK. A better restaurant destination is Outlook Cabin, a higher end on-mountain dining experience. It's a short chairlift ride from the base and I'm pretty sure they sell tickets for foot passengers. The chairlift has a midway dropoff right at Outlook Cabin.

The only other lift I might recommend is the Snowbird Tram, that whisks you to the top of Hidden Peak in under 10 minutes. Spectacular ride. Nice view. Not a lot to do up there (yet) but worth the experience.

Have fun.

Kansas City
3. Re: Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?

Awesome info - thanks!

Park City, Utah
4. Re: Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?

at Canyons to ride a lift for free you can do the Chondola which connects the main parking lot with the main base area or the Waldorf Gondola, both are free with no lift ticket required, but as suggested for better ride with views purchase a ride up to Red Pine

Reply to: Chairlift / Gondola Rides WITHOUT Lift Tickets?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted