We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Lessons

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Ski Lessons

I will be out with my wife the week of February 1-9 and am looking into ski lessons.

I am a self taught skier and my wife took lessons growing up. We are both advanced intermediates (she has better form) but typically stick to groomed runs or runs through trees with easy exits.

We would like to be able to access more terrain and become better all around skiers. I am considering paying for private lessons but they are expensive and I can't find sny good reviews. Anybody have any insight?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: Ski Lessons

Well, if you want a private lesson it will be expensive. Definitely a value in it but you have to determine if there's sufficient value to warrant paying $500 for a half day or around $700 for a full day. For sure you'll gain a benefit in working on your technique and finding your way around the mountain. Given your experience, I'm not sure that you would gain much in a group lesson, which is less.

One other angle you might pursue is looking at what the resorts offer for mountain host tours. Not sure about all of them, but Deer Valley offers four mountain host tours every day - free. It's a good way to get to know the mountain. Definitely not instruction, but it can help you enjoy your experience.

Have fun.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
2. Re: Ski Lessons

So take a group lesson and don't stress it.

Reply to: Ski Lessons
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted