We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cat skiing

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
reviews: 45
Cat skiing

Coming to PC the last week in February for our annual visit. Looking to do something different. Four adult expert skiers, ski every weekend in Vermont. Considering Powder Safari cat skiing at Powder Mountain. Any thoughts?

4 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Cat skiing

Great idea. Always a very special adventure. New ownership at Powder Mountain and it's better than ever up there. Also look at the Utah Interconnect from Ski Utah that allows you to take a guided tour of up to six resorts in a day from Park City/Deer Valley to Big and Little Cottonwood. All guided, do it with regular alpine gear. Most terrain intermediate. Great experience.

https:/…

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
2. Re: Cat skiing

Powder Mountain Cat Skiing is the best in the area, IMO. The other operators offer terrain that is a bit tame. PowMow isn't extreme by any means, but more fun than most of the other providers.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Cat skiing

There are a couple of ways to do PowMow. The cat skiing is fun but (at least the one time I did it), most of the skiing was thru the trees which is great but EXHAUSTING. The cat drivers do a great job of finding freshies for you.

Another option is a 1/2 day on James Peak which is steeper and deeper typically. That was FABULOUS. Cat takes you to top, meets at bottom and you get about 1/2 dozen or so runs all along the peak.

If you haven't been to PM, the truth is that there is so much great skiing within the main boundary, that there is not a great reason to go outside. Powder country has some great runs which were similar to the cat runs we took (of course, you are waiting for a bus instead of the cat but saving about $300 bucks a piece). If you are an expert tree guy, then jumping off into the woods from the catwalk on Sunrise ridge is thrilling. And Cobabe Canyon is just about desolate so always has fresh stuff. I skiied PM the last 3 years and this year we are staying in PC and quite honestly not sure we made the right choice.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 36
4. Re: Cat skiing

I had something completely different pictured in my mind when I saw this topic header. (:

Now, back to the regularly scheduled discussion of fascinating ski topics. I'm going to go make some skis for my cat.

*Pixie*

Edited: 4:04 am, January 07, 2014
Reply to: Cat skiing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted