We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 8
Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

Hi All,

Please bear with me if this is a silly question. Never seen snow so have no idea how everything works.

Would we be able to just get a normal taxi from SLC Airport to our hotel in Park City? It will be just me and my wife travelling, but generally do not like the hassle of a shared car/shuttle. Would snow stop the taxi from going up to Park City? Any idea of cost?

Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
1. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

I'm guessing it will run about $85. While it's possible that snow could be an issue, I wouldn't worry about it as you can't plan for it or do anything about it. Roads are kept well maintained. You can probably find a transportation company that will match taxi fare with an SUV. I use All Resort but it's a bit higher than that. There are many others. FYI, most of the major shuttles are in the $35-40 per person so taxi really not much more.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
2. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

A private shuttle from one of the major transportation companies runs about $160 each way. Shared shuttles are about $50 per person each way.

Rarely is the road between SLC and PC closed, especially to local transport companies. It would take a massive storm or a big wreck to halt the flow of cars between the two areas. I-80 is a major thoroughfare so they do a great job of plowing and salting.

Check out the Park City Chamber of Commerce listing for transport companies to the airport - visitparkcity.com/business-directory/…

Park City, UT
reviews: 11
3. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

Taxi's are about $100 to Park City. Private SUV's can often be found for cheaper. Check out www.protransparkcity.com 4WD SUV's from them start at $89

Edited: 7:35 pm, December 13, 2013
Brighton, Michigan
reviews: 49
4. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

There are several very good private taxis or SUV's that will pick you up outside the baggage area, load your luggage / skis (if you have them), and drive you directly to your resort /hotel. We took a family of 5 two years ago from SLC to Park City Snowflower resort using one of the SUV's and this was cheaper than a taxi or rental car for the number in our party and length of time we were there. As mentioned above, protansparkcity is a cost effective choice.

Snow rarely stops the route to Park City. Now Alta / Snowbird on the other hand, that can be an issue. Have fun skiing!

Perth
reviews: 8
5. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

Thanks for the info.

From doing a little more research, i have found Yellow Cab have an approximate cost of $85 on their website from the airport to Park City.

If this is accurate, surely this would be (1) around the same price as a shuttle (as there will be 2 of us travelling) (2) easier than organising a shuttle and (3) we would be the only ones in the cab so not waiting on picking up/dropping off others?

North Hollywood
reviews: 20
6. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

There are plenty of shuttle companies inside the airport. If you book ahead with them (like All Resort), you get a discount. Looks to be about 40 bucks per person.

reviews: 4
7. Re: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City

We just went from SLC to PC using a cab. His name was Ali and he was great! Cost us $85 we gave him $100 and ended up using him both ways since a cab for PC was going to be $145 at least.

Ali - 24 hour cab service. 801-347-9355

Reply to: Taxi from SLC Airport to Park City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted