We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in February!! PCMR

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gastonia, North...
Skiing in February!! PCMR

Alright, Me and my wife are staying at the bottom of town lift in February from the 1st to 8th. I don't know if we should ski 4 or 5 days. Right now i have plans for mon and tues at Pcmr then snowmobiles wednesday then thursday at brighton and maybe alta or canyons on friday. Should i add a day at deer valley at the beginning of the week on sunday? or just take it easy the first two days? any other places to drive and see nearby park city? Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
1. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

Welcome to the forum. A few thoughts for you.

While going over to Brighton or Alta might be nice, do you really want to drive an hour each way when you have three resorts within 10-15 minutes of where you're staying? Also, I wouldn't worry about spending a few days taking it easy. If you're out there for a winter holiday, enjoy the skiing and snowmobiling.

I would concentrate on Park City given your location at Town Lift. But do spend a day or two at DV, just a 10 minute shuttle bus away.

Have fun.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 55
2. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

I'd ski every day--between PCMR, DV, & the Canyons, you'll have plenty of terrain. When we go to PC for a week, we do 2 days at each of those.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 17
3. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

As long as you are driving, I would look at Snowbasin too. I am not sure that I would try to get in both Little and Big Cottenwood canyons on a 1 week ski trip. Also both of those are weather dependent, so take whatever good weather day you have and not be set to a firm date or you maybe disappointed. The best day for skiing DV is the day when the other resorts are packed,

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
4. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

take it easy the first two days? I try to get an early flight and ski Alta the day I arrive!! Every minute counts...

Plantation Florida
reviews: 108
5. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

Depends on how sore your legs get after a couple days. With me, 3 days is the max. For others, they can ski longer. Park City isn't like Denver when it comes to getting acclimated, you can ski right away. If your legs are sore, then take a day in the middle to do the snow mobile stuff like you said.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to decide with 8 resorts in the area. Deer Valley is wonderful, the lifts have foot rests for your skis, it's a huge mountain, a lot to explore. People pay more to ski there, but everyone on the lifts raves it's the best. Alta is also worth the visit if you are a skiier, but you have to deal with getting there if it's recently snowed and the snow tire rule is in effect. Rent a mid size car and you usually get an SUV at the counter for a small upgrade price.

Gastonia, North...
6. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

Yea we have rented a wrangler for the week that my inlaws are going to drive around while we ski. Is there any thing that we need to see while around park city within an hours drive?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
7. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

I would check out Deer Valley, since you'll be in town. It's a different experience and has excellent food.

I think you could allot one day to travel to one of the Salt Lake resorts without it becoming a pain or waste of time. Snowbird is my favorite.

The Utah Olympic Park which has an Olympic bobsled run would be a thrill. What kind of things are you specifically wanting to see? Mountainous terrain or museums and historical locations? Salt Lake is 40 minutes away and has Temple Square and a few museums. If you're wanting to see mountains, going to Snowbird or Alta on a clear day will give you great views. Here are some other options of things to do in PC outside of skiing.

visitparkcity.com/things-to-do/…

San Diego...
8. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

Go to Deer Valley, i just went 2 weeks ago, and it was the best, a very close second is PCMR and the Canyons third. We ski the green and blues, it's huge. DV is less crowded, no snowboarders, lots ski apress places. DV and PCMR are just beautiful. Park City has 3 top ten ski resorts just 10 minutes free bus apart, and just 45 min from SLC airport.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

I see you mentioned snowmobiling. I just got back from park city and I recommend snowmobiling at backcountry snowmobiling. It's a family owned business. They have a free shuttle that picks you up where ever you are. My husband and I had a blast. Our guide was Dan. If you are into wildlife my suggestion would be to go in the morning or the last tour of the day.

10. Re: Skiing in February!! PCMR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 23, 2015