We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
reviews: 4
ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

We have gone to CO (Keystone) for 6 years but would like to try SLC for a long weekend (3 nights) 2/7 - 2/10. We have stayed at really nice ski in/out property at Keystone (Timbers) and were loooking for something similar.

I'm not familiar with the ski resorts around SLC but have browsed the forums and found advice recommending Black Diamond Lodge, Goldener Hirsch or The Lodges (not ski in/out) at Deer Valley Resort and Marriott Mountainside At Park City Mountain Resort, Marriott Summitwatch or Silver Star Resort

So my questions are: Are these the only places I should be considering? Is there a selection on VRBO, craigslist or a time share rental site to check? Is it reasonable to get in some skiing on the final day if our flight departs at 17:05 from SLC?

I can rent a SUV and am looking forward to a shorter drive from SLC than the drive from DEN to Keystone (1.75 hours)

We ski mostly blue and some black (groomed) runs

Any advice (links to prior posts) would be appreciated

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

Your choices are all very good. Marriott Summit Watch is actually downtown but accessible to the Town Lift so it is somewhat ski in/out but not traditional. You could also look at Canyons Resort with Grand Summit. But all your choices are fine.

Honestly, no need for a vehicle. Just take a 40 minute shuttle for $40/person. Free bus system in town.

Yes, you can look on VRBO or others. But your selections are excellent.

Have fun.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
2. Re: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

You certainly should be able to ski at least a 1/2 day on the last day. If not leaving PC, don't need a car. and from a mountain perspective there is plenty to keep you busy without any run being repeated for such a short trip. Obviously, shuttle timing will impact the last day if you chose not to rent.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
3. Re: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

SLC airport is about 45 minutes from town, so you should easily be able to ski half day and make a 5:00 flight.

Park City, UT
4. Re: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

I would take a look at some of the properties in Deer Valley as well. If you enjoy the ski in/ski out aspect of your place in Keystone, the Silver Lake/Empire Pass area of Deer Valley also offers similar properties. Arrowleaf, Flagstaff, and the Grand Lodge are all suburb choices slopeside. VRBO and Deer Valley Resort Central Reservations will have lots of options in this area too. Happy planning!

ohio
reviews: 4
5. Re: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

Thanks for the replies. I had but cancelled a reservation at Marriot Summit watch after I called and they confirmed that there is a renovation scheduled for next summer. I'm looking at Arrowleaf and other ski in/out in DV via VRBO and homeaway. Any of these condo complexes have fitness rooms (sauna, steam...)? There is reference to the Talisker club but that seems like its for owners.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
6. Re: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day

You might want to check with the properties. Arrowleaf is in Empire, which means it is probably a fairly new development that should have many amenities. It's supposed to be pretty nice. I don't think it will have anything to do with the Talisker Club.

Reply to: ski trip planning weekend before presidents day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted