We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private shuttle or car rental at Canyons

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, RI
reviews: 5
private shuttle or car rental at Canyons

Trying to decide between car rental or private shuttle. We have done group shuttles in the past, and the wait was interminable.

We will be staying at the Grand Summit at the Canyons over Christmas week. It will be myself, my husband and our 10 year old son. We plan mostly on cooking in, so I will need to get to the market, preferably Whole Foods if it not too far away.

The caveat is that we land at 10 PM (midnight for us), and have an 8:30 AM return flight (pricing won over timing), and the summit has a $16/day parking fee. However, I was able to rent a car for a week for $274 for the week.

An earlier post referred to Park City Mountain Taxi, as reliable and having good rates, any confirmation?

3 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: private shuttle or car rental at Canyons

Likely get a taxi for $75-100 each way. Private transfer will be more. Shuttle will be $40/person. So have to think that's better than a rental car. All Resort is our shuttle of choice. They do private car but it's a lot more. Just getting taxi off street at airport is very do-able.

You have two grocery stores in close proximity, both reachable by bus or taxi. Whole Foods and Smith's in same complex at Kimball Junction, just 7-10 minute drive or maybe a bit more by bus. Whole Foods you'll know; Smith's is regional chain with really nice newly-renovated store, significantly less expensive than Whole Foods.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
2. Re: private shuttle or car rental at Canyons

I totally understand the shuttle frustration from The Canyons. Sure, a bus is available, but waiting is a bummer.

Instead of putting all your eggs in one basket - Rental Car at airport OR Shuttles and Taxis - why don't you just take a shuttle to PC and rent a vehicle on the days you want one. If timing isn't important you can take the bus on some days, or if you have a lot of places to go you can rent for only a day or two at a time.

All Resorts is the biggest shuttle game in town, but there are loads of options if you want to look around.

Park City Four Wheel Drive Rental delivers daily SUV rentals and should have reasonable rates during the off-season, plus you can take it down to the airport on the morning you leave so you can avoid a shuttle.

Check out the Chamber of Commerce page for rental companies that offer daily options in Park City - visitparkcity.com/visitors/…

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 46
3. Re: private shuttle or car rental at Canyons

Xpress4less (http://www.xpress4lessut.com) is a less expensive arm of All Resort. The last time that I used their private shuttle, which was an SUV, I think it was about $110 each way, which is cheaper than 3 people taking the group shuttle. I suggest calling the Grand Summit and asking them if they have a shuttle that will run you to the grocery store. Many hotels and condo resorts do operate a shuttle. Otherwise, you could take the free city bus to the grocery store and call a cab to take you back to the Grand Summit (you can take the bus, but that's a pain with a lot of groceries). At Christmas, there are many cabs running around Park City, and you could call to arrange one to pick you up at a specific time at either Whole Foods or Smiths. I agree with Tumbleweeds that the renovated Smiths is really great and very full-service with lots of prepared foods, a stocked pharmacy, good magazines, etc.

Have a great trip!

Reply to: private shuttle or car rental at Canyons
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted