We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
memphis
reviews: 28
Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

Hi,

I have two girls 12,9 and we are looking for a trip to PC in early March. We are looking to go tubing, sleigh rides, dog sledding, shopping, and possibly sking. We have never been to high altitude.

I wanted to look at VRBO to find a place for 4-5 nights, but I have to choose between North PC, Central PC, The Canyons, Deer Valley, etc. and I don't know where to start.

We can have a car if needed. I was looking to pay around $300 a night and we don't need ski in ski out. I guess ideally I would like a place that is easy enough to get to food, shopping, etc. with a view. Also I have seen pictures of people swimming outdoors in a heated pool with snow outside, my girls would get a kick out of that.

Sorry if I should have searched the formus more, I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

6 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

If you're not skiers, you don't want Canyons. Deer Valley would be OK but not optimum. Central PC would put you close to the heart of Main Street, North PC would be a bit off that. Another area you might consider is Newpark/Redstone at Kimball Junction. Not sure what VRBO calls it. That would put you away from the core of town, but close to a ton of kid friendly activities like Jupiter Bowl and more cost-sensitive dining for kids (Maxwell's, Red Rock, etc.). You should be able to hit that rate.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
2. Re: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

I think you'll be fine with the elevation. Might feel winded for a day or two but your body will acclimate. Deer valley will put you at a higher elevation than Park City and will also be very expensive. The best location would be the historic district near Main Street, but it will also be expensive.

New town would be a decent option, but feels like staying near a strip mall to me. I don't like the area at all. Still, there are a few things to do close by, as mentioned. There is a free town shuttle, that could reasonably get to most of the major points in town, but you would then need a car for tubing. Excursion companies would have a shuttle for things like sleigh rides and snowmobiling. You should check the exact shuttle route when you find a location, to make sure that would be a reasonable option. Should be a fun trip.

Don't forget about the Alpine Coaster at PCMR and bobsled run and Utah Olympic Park. Let us know what else you need.

memphis
3. Re: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

Thanks for the tips on Olympic Park, Alpine Coaster, and Jupiter Bowl and for places to stay. I found a lot of choices so far in what VRBO calls North Park City which is Olympic Park and Kimball Junction.

Most of the places are in either, Bear Hollow Village, Crestview, Newpark, or Powderwood. Any thoughts or preferences?

Thanks so much for the help, oh and we will have a car.

Park City, UT
4. Re: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

Crestview will put you within walking distance to the outlet malls if that is important to you. The condos there are spacious, with garage parking for your rental car, and nice hot tubs. A few of our employees rented a condo there over the winter season and loved it. Bear Hollow Village is nice as well, closer to the Canyons with similar amenities as Crestview. Bear Hollow Village will have townhouses and condo units on VRBO, so make sure you know which you could be renting. Newpark has a great location, walking distance to dozens of great restaurants like Ghidottis, Maxwells, Sushi Blue and Red Rock and activities like Jupiter Bowl or the movie theater. I would pass on Powderwood. With having a vehicle, you will be within an easy drive to all of these restaurants, shopping, and activities. Happy planning!

Little Rock
reviews: 17
5. Re: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/utah/r772…

I like

www.homeaway.com

it is a sister site to vrbo but you can search via map (satellite view) and actually see the town ... (and in the case of PC; ski slopes with lifts & runs identified, etc.). You can also filter by the normal things ($$$, bedrooms, sleeps, etc.). You may still need to inquire Re. the best areas, but it is much easier to use (IMO)

And if VRBO has a map view, I have not been able to find the magic button.

memphis
6. Re: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I booked a townhome in Newpark for $250 a night. I was really worried about planning a trip to the area when I started searching and found suites at some places for $900 a night. This area looks great and we have a garage and a hot tub and 3 bathrooms.

I already booked the dog sledding because the place pawsatch was mostly booked up already for March. I think I found my choice for sleigh ride - Snowed Inn looks like the best menu for our family. The Yurt dinner looked interesting, but 4 hours is a long dinner for two young girls.

Tubing will be fun, Olympic Park will be nice. I'm trying to coax the girls to try the alpine slide, but the youtube video scared them!

Reply to: Which part of town to start searching VRBO, non skiers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted