We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions pls. for Canyons hotel- Grand Summit vs. Westgate

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
the northeast
reviews: 22
Opinions pls. for Canyons hotel- Grand Summit vs. Westgate

Hi,

We're planning our first trip to Park city/Canyons in February. Family of 4 (kids age 10 & 12). Looking to rent on VRBO site and choices are Westgate or Grand Summit. We plan on skiing/snowboading. Which location is ideal for getting to the slopes? My kids love swimming while on vacation... Which pool is biggest? Website photos can be deceiving! I've read some reviews that some units at Grand Summit could use some updating.

Any advice?

Park City, UT
1. Re: Opinions pls. for Canyons hotel- Grand Summit vs. Westgate

Grand Summit has a wonderful pool- the kids will love it. Location for both are virtually the same, easy access to the Gondola, ski school, Orange Bubble chair lift and resort plaza (restaurants, shopping, etc). From the rooms I've seen at the Grand Summit, they would be my pick over the Westgate. Nothing against the Westgate, as we have had many happy customers stay there over the years, but it can be somewhat difficult to navigate since there are multiple buildings. Happy planning!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
2. Re: Opinions pls. for Canyons hotel- Grand Summit vs. Westgate

Night and day difference. If price is comparable, for sure go with Grand Summit. While both have good location, Grand Summit is literally right at the two main base lifts. Westgate is close, but a few minutes further. Overall, I just feel that Grand Summit is a far, far better property. It's owned and operated by the resort itself. Dining at Red Tail and The Farm is outstanding. Pool is huge and well designed. I don't stay there often living in town, but was in and out of about six different rooms and suites at meetings last week and all were in great condition.

Have fun.

3. Re: Opinions pls. for Canyons hotel- Grand Summit vs. Westgate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 12, 2014