We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO listing at Marriot Mountainside

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
VRBO listing at Marriot Mountainside

We are looking to ski Park City in March and trying to figure out lodging for our family of 5. I've come across VRBO which I've never used ,typically dealing with the hotel (Marriott in this case) directly. However the price offered on VRBO is much better. The renter has some reviews but everyone is 5/5 and I'm not clear if they are reflective.In addition the renter is not located in Utah (by his area code) so I'm concerned about what my recourse would be if the condo has issues when we arrive since I assume Marriott would not be involved since I am going thru VRBO. I'm just looking for advice in all of this being a novice.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 242
1. Re: VRBO listing at Marriot Mountainside

That Marriott is more of a condo development with all privately owned units. It also does not have full hotel services, such as a restaurant. But it doesn't matter as there's plenty nearby. Very nice property. Killer slopeside pool. VRBO is a great source. Use normal due diligence but, in general, you can consider it a reasonably trusted source. It's also not unusual that an owner would be outside Utah.

Yes, anytime you do rent through VRBO or other similar sites, you do take somewhat of a chance. We use VRBO for all of our European travel and never once had a bad experience.

Have fun.

reviews: 228
2. Re: VRBO listing at Marriot Mountainside

VRBO rentals are a great opportunity for family travelers - offering more than just a standard hotel room at highly discounted rates. We have been using the site regularly and spend several weeks a year in Park City

pay through Paypal by credit card for extra safety

3. Re: VRBO listing at Marriot Mountainside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 21, 2014