We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyons in early dec

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 4
Canyons in early dec

Tye wife and I are thinking about an early (2nd week in dec) kiddless ski trip to the canyon. We have epic pass so reason for going to the canyons instead of other spots on Utah in order to take advantage of epic pass.

Looking at going for four days (2 skiing), somewhat pamper ourselves type of trip. We don't need knee deep powder, but would like some better snow than we find in the Midwest.

Was curious if anyone had any insight on conditions during that time, place to eat, stay, etc.

Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
1. Re: Canyons in early dec

Well, second week is better than first week. You'll have better skiing than in the midwest but still likely partial operation. If you want to utilize your Epic Pass at Canyons and pamper yourself, stay at Grand Summit right in the plaza. It will be a two minute walk to the lifts, good restaurant choices (The Farm), very self-contained.

Have fun.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 18
2. Re: Canyons in early dec

They have invested in snowmaking, but past history the canyons does not receive much in the way of early snow, more of a late season place

CT
reviews: 46
3. Re: Canyons in early dec

For dining options at the Canyons, I second The Farm for dinner (located right in the village at the base of the Canyons). Fabulous meal! For on mountain dining, make sure to eat lunch at Lookout Cabin. One of the best table service meals you will have anywhere while skiing. Beautiful views from outdoor deck as well.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Canyons in early dec

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. We are on the fence because of questionable snow conditions, but around that time I'm sure ther will be at least something to tease the senses out of the ski season gate.

I looked at summit, was wondering if Waldorf was better or equal to summit? When I was browsing packages the prices were basically the same?

5. Re: Canyons in early dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 27, 2014