We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/activities in Park City in October

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
reviews: 29
Hotel/activities in Park City in October

My husband and I are going to be in Park City in mid-October; staying at the Montage for 2 days on business and have 2 free days. The days we're at the Montage I really won't have much free time due to meetings. The plan is to spend the other two days at another hotel, most likely in Park City.

Was thinking I wanted to be downtown (Main Street?) because that would most likely be where there was something going on during shoulder season, but I'm a little confused about the layout of the town. The map I've seen seems to show the Montage as being downtown. Is that correct? I thought Deer Valley was outside of downtown and the Montage is advertised as Deer Valley. I really want to stay somewhere with a nice view from the room's balcony but not necessarily as pricey as the Montage.

Would like to be near things like restaurants, possibly theater, etc.

Any recommendations for things to do in mid-October? We like things like wine tasting, shopping, cultural activities, scenic walks, etc.

Edited: 7:20 pm, September 18, 2013
2 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: Hotel/activities in Park City in October

Montage is DEFINITELY not downtown. It's a 15 minute drive up towards Empire Pass. Yes, you definitely want to be on Main Street. Look at Sky Lodge, Caledonian or Marriott Summit Watch (large and sprawling). All of them are on lower Main Street and easy walking distance to shops. All have balconies. You should be able to get a great deal that time of year.

Zoom (Robert Redford) is a great restaurant choice nearby. We also like 350 Main and Riverhorse. Talisker on Main very high end. Vinto for (cheap) Italian. Wasatch Brew Pub for burgers. Plenty of other choices.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
2. Re: Hotel/activities in Park City in October

Yeah, Montage isn't on Main Street or the Historic District. Try one of the recommendations mentioned by T&C. Might still be able to catch some fall colors. A trip over Guardsmen Pass into Big Cottonwood Canyon would give you access to the boardwalk at Silver Lake near Brighton for a nice daytime stroll. For Utah's only distillery try High West. They have amazing food as well. The St. Regis has great food and a large wine selection too.

Reply to: Hotel/activities in Park City in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted