We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

36 Hours in Park City

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Joliet, Illinois
reviews: 1
36 Hours in Park City

We are going to be in Park City for about 36 hours - in mid-October - What should we NOT miss?

1 reply
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
1. Re: 36 Hours in Park City

Greetings ahsh,

Welcome out west,

What kind of activities do you like? Park City will have several options from spending time in the spa at Montage or St Regis to checking out local art galleries or using the time to go mountain biking or hiking.

You're arriving in the shoulder season, between peaks of summer adventure and winter skiing. I would take a stroll through Main Street Park City and check out the shops and art galleries...

Paid activities may be more limited in October, but a trip to the Utah Olympic Park would offer some excitement. They have one of the steepest zip lines in the world, as well as a museum with memorabilia from the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics. The bobsled will be closed for the month of October though. If you like speed you may check to see if the PCMR Mountain Coaster will be in operation. You could also look into a hot-air balloon ride.

You may still get some nice fall colors up in the mountains and a scenic drive over Guardsman Pass would be worth a visit. You could take a quick stroll around Silver Lake near Brighton Resort or take a gondola ride up to Red Pine at The Canyons. You could do a short hike up there too, conditions permitting.

For food, I would check out the High West Distillery. I had friends in town from L.A. and NYC and they said it was the best food they ever had, blackened cod I believe. Wasatch Brewery is located on Main Street and has good local beers, but I don't recommend eating there. You may be able to find very good deals in local magazines and newspapers for restaurants, as it is the shoulder season and they want to lure business any way they can. Great food and wine at the St. Regis.

This is a NY Times article answering your very question, though it's geared for winter months.

…nytimes.com/2012/…

And this is a resource for finding events on the specific days you're in town. Use the filter for the appropriate days and keep in mind more listings will appear as the time gets closer to your arrival.

http://www.visitparkcity.com/events/

Reply to: 36 Hours in Park City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted