We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 20
Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?

Have been skiing in Beaver Creek last 3 seasons and looking for a change of scenery. All things pretty equal between these two hotels and ski resorts?

4 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 200
1. Re: Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?

Both resorts have similar amounts of terrain and lots of it. PCMR is much closer to Old Town. Canyons is closer to Newpark entertainment/shopping complex. Marriott Mountainside is essentially a condo hotel - no restaurants, etc. Grand Summit is full fledged hotel with full services, restaurants, etc. Both are comparable in slopeside access - 2-3 minutes from lobby to lifts. Both have comparable fantastic pools. Both have a mountain plaza. PCMR has better diversity of restaurants, Canyons has better restaurants. Neither is at all like Beaver Creek.

Setting access to town aside, I would opt for Canyons/Grand Summit over PCMR/Marriott Mountainside. But a deciding factor could be the importance of being 5 minutes or 20 minutes away from the hundreds of shops and restaurants on Main Street.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
2. Re: Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?

One great thing about Park City is that you can ski both area during a vacation because the resorts are only separated by about 4miles. There is a free town bus that goes to all of the Park City Resorts (Deer valley being the third) as well as Historic Main Street. I'm the type of person that would prefer being right in town, within walking distance of everything, and in the thick of things as opposed to having better lodging. I suppose it boils down to which you would prefer.

I actually like PCMR a little better for riding, as i think they do a better job grooming their terrain, but if it is a powder day, both areas are fantastic. The Canyons is huge and you can find untracked powder stashes near the end of the day. Can't really go wrong. The Grand Summit is a fine space right next to the gondola for lift access. Great pool area too.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
3. Re: Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?

Canyons has a much nicer resort plaza area with restaurants, shops, activities, etc. Like skiing both but PCMR's resort plaza is getting kind of tired and is need of an overhaul. Would recommend staying Canyons, but is worth heading over to PCMR one day.

TEXAS
reviews: 16
4. Re: Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?

Don't ski but am staying at Marriott Mountainside right now-it's nice but we visited the Canyons and the resort and restaurants are far better and classier. I'd go with the Canyons, which is still close to Main St and PCMR.

Reply to: Marriott Mountainside & PCMR vs. Grand Summitt & Canyons?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted