We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Regis or Montage for August in Park City?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
St. Regis or Montage for August in Park City?

Trying to decide on Park City accommodations. Holding at St. Regis and Montage but must decide. Traveling without kids for a change! First time in Park City. Hoping to enjoy hiking, biking, good fitness facilities/spa, healthy food, exploring the area.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
1. Re: St. Regis or Montage for August in Park City?

I will preface this by saying, I have stayed at St. Regis and was thoroughly impressed. I haven't stayed overnight at the Montage, but have been there for dinners, drinks, bowling and it is very nice as well. Yeah, I said bowling.

St. Regis will likely have better service and is a little closer to Main Street Park City. Food at St. Regis is amazing and the wine vault is quite impressive. St Regis is right next to where Deer Valley has their summer concert series, which would be fun.

Montage is in a more scenic location. Both will have great spas. From Montage you are very close to Guardsman Pass and having access Big Cottonwood Canyon for great hiking. Of course St. Regis would only be 4 or 5 miles further. Not really sure of the nuances you are looking for, but don't think you can really go wrong with either. They are both very nice properties.

Here is another resource of things to do and an events calendar for Park City.

http://www.visitparkcity.com

Have so much fun.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
2. Re: St. Regis or Montage for August in Park City?

Good advice so far. Both are very good. Montage is definitely in a higher class than St. Regis. That said, I prefer St. Regis. As noted, I do think that the location of Montage is a bit nicer if you want solitude. Both have access to hiking and biking, but Montage access to Empire Pass for hiking - great ridgeline hikes, very easy. You are also literally on the mid-Mountain trail giving you fantastic mountain bike access. I believe the Ruby lift is also running to take you and your bike up to top of Flagstaff Mountain.

Both are very good on dining but I personally prefer St. Regis by a long shot. St. Regis is also more intimate (for a big hotel). But you can't go wrong with either one.

If you want to be closer to action, I might also suggest you consider Sky Lodge on Main Street.

Have fun.

3. Re: St. Regis or Montage for August in Park City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 26, 2014