We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does ski season typically start?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
When does ski season typically start?

I know there is not a set answer for this but when do slopes typically open at the resorts in park city? I have a week in early December but I didn't know if there would be anything open by then. Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 195
1. Re: When does ski season typically start?

PCMR will be earliest opening, generally mid to late November with very limited runs. Canyons on similar schedule. DV always holds until first full weekend in December and then opens with pretty good amount of terrain. In general, second week of December is starting to be reasonable albeit not full operation. FYI, Deer Valley will open on Dec. 7 this coming winter.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
2. Re: When does ski season typically start?

I think the goal is typically to be open for Thanksgiving Weekend. It can be earlier or later though. They do a good job of making snow, but often several runs will not be accessible this early in the season. If Park City isn't in operation, you could check Snowbird or Brighton that have higher base elevations, therefore it's cooler so they get more snow.

3. Re: When does ski season typically start?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2014