We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 1
2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

We stayed at Montage shortly after in opened. Service was very weak but resort was great.

Headed back in August. Should we try St Regis or go back to Montage?

AND

Last trip we were somewhat surprised at the the number of shops that closed on Main St. in Park City. In the past, we have so enjoyed taking a day and strolling historic PC. Last time, we struggled. Are there any new shops or boutiques that have opened in the past year and are the vacancies disappearing?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
1. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

I would imagine, some of the initial kinks have been worked out at Montage, I know they are trying to improve whatever will get them rated higher in the hotel star system. But would still think St. Regis has better overall service.

I have stayed at St. Regis and absolutely loved it and thought the food was amazing. If you're in town for one of the Deer Valley concerts, they are within walking distance. It's also a little bit closer to get Main Street as well.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 200
2. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

Can't say for your experience but Montage is in a completely different market category than St. Regis. Both are nice but Montage has attracted a much higher level clientele and has run extraordinary occupancy rates. Really up to you. As a local, I prefer St. Regis, but Montage is a considerably higher class. You might also look at Stein Eriksen Lodge.

Not sure what to tell you on Main - don't share the same feeling. Main Street is pretty full and vibrant from my perspective.

Have fun.

Florida
reviews: 1
3. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

Thanks for your responses regarding hotels.

Would love some additional input on status of Main Street!

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 20
4. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

You might try contacting the Park City Chamber. I was there in April & don't remember any closed stores. While I "shopped", I wasn't there to shop, so perhaps I didn't notice. I went in a few clothing boutiques, jewelry stores, art galleries & southwest design stores. I'm sure Chamber could help.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
5. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

Just up on Main Street today and saw three store fronts in a row that looked as if they were undergoing renovation. Also "The Mall" at the top of Main Street is empty and undergoing changes. Other than that, everything was occupied, though some galleries were closed for the day.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 200
6. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

Cruised Main Street last night. Claim Jumper Hotel still open only for special events like Sundance. Main Street Mall, which has been a disaster since it opened and still is, were only storefronts not active. Some construction, which is normal. But the entire Main Street is thriving and doing just fine. You'll have to decide what's best for your tastes, but I think Flight, Destiny and Cake are all new since you were here.

New restaurants since your last visit include Talisker on Main and Silver, plus all the old standbys. Most of major restaurants have sidewalk dining, which may not have been here on your last trip. Also, if you're here on a Sunday check out the Park Silly Sunday Market featuring local artisans, live entertainment, food and fun.

Here's a link to Main Street merchants.

http://www.historicparkcityutah.com/

Have fun. I don't think you'll be the least bit disappointed.

7. Re: 2 part question: St Regis or Montage/Shopping on Main St PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 02, 2014