We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time for Fall Colors????

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lakewood, Colorado
Best time for Fall Colors????

We are planning a trip to Park City in October. Trying to decide the best time for color in the area. From what I've read the weekend of Oct 3-6 sounds the best. However, would the next weekend, 10-13, be okay? Or will we miss the color?

14 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
11. Re: Best time for Fall Colors????

I haven't been there but it's north of Logan, west side of the range.

San Francisco
reviews: 36
12. Re: Best time for Fall Colors????

Hi Tumbleweed!

not sure if you are still catching this thread - but if so - wondering what Fall is looking like for 2014 timing? I am planning on a visit to the Park City area around the 8th of October and hoping I don't miss the show! thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
13. Re: Best time for Fall Colors????

Well, fall has been pretty strange this year. We had the earliest ever turning of scrub oaks with a few days of brilliant reds in third week of August, now turned to a burnished brown. But only some of them. It's actually been quite horrible for photography so far. No signs at all yet on Aspens turning yellow and lots of hardwoods yet to ignite. So I'm a bit mystified actually. I'm pretty confident, though, that you will still have good yellows when you come in October.

Check back again in another week.

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 47
14. Re: Best time for Fall Colors????

Stunning photos, Tumbleweeds!

Reply to: Best time for Fall Colors????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted