We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
madison, ms
Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

My husband will be in SLC for work for a week. I am flying out to the 28th for our first trip in a long time, just us, no kids. We want something low key, slow paced and some delicious food. My husband had back surgery last year and so we are limited in all of the availabe fun, physical activities😢.

We are staying at Hotel Park City and they have been absolutely fantastic in the planning. I can totally see why they are ranked so high on several websites, including Trip Advisor. Our flight leaves early Tuesday, so really we have three full days in PC. Here is something I have tentatively planned and would like feedback on anything and everything! Thanks in advance.

Friday: arrive at hotel, scope out hotel and drive down to Main Street in the evening. Possible dining options for us-PurpleSage, Vinto, Wasatch Brew Pub, river horse on Main

Saturday: Check out PCMR and "play" or possibly rent some bikes to take the Union Pacific RailTrail that morning. I'm not sure if this will be too much on my husband's back..is it a pretty easy trail? Evening time, head up to Deer Valley and eat somewhere in the area and then head up to Deer Valley Music Fest. Is that lame or worth the trip? That night is 1812 Overture, if I'm not mistaken.

Sunday: back to Main Street. Brunch downtown..I think Riverhorse on Main will be opened to check that out. Are there other nice Sunday brunch options ( not too much more expensive than Riverhorse)? Silly Sunday Market takes place while we are there so we will check that out. That evening I think we will relax at hotel, order takeout and enjoy sunset from resort.

Monday: weather permitting, hot air balloon ride in the morning, travel to the Canyons for lunch at The Farm, afternoon spa day at Serenity Spa@ Westgate, followed by dinner at Edge steakhouse and the back to HPC for packing, bedtime and fly home super, insanely early Tuesday.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 241
1. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Really good plan overall. Hotel Park City is great. You also can take free bus or hotel shuttle up to Main Street. For your Main Street night out, Riverhorse and Purple Sage in similar category. Would put Riverhorse on top. Also think Talisker on Main, Silver, etc. Vinto is fantastic - inexpensive Italian with fun atmosphere. Wasatch is first brew pub in state and great if you want a brew pub.

Rent bikes from White Pine. Rail trail is very flat. You can do a loop out to Promontory/Silver Creek Industrial Park, then loop over on trail along I-80 frontage road (south side) to Newpark/Redstone for lunch. Then follow trails back into PC. All flat. Slight elevation drop going out up going back but minor.

1812 is one of best concerts of year. PCMR is great but also add Utah Olympic Park into the mix. Hot air balloon rides are great. Definitely weather dependent. If it's important, try earlier in your trip in case you need to reschedule.

Not a Westgate fan. Can't say firsthand on spa there. Would recommend The Farm over Edge for dinner. The Farm is truly phenomenal.

Silly Market is great Sunday activity. I would skip brunch and hit Market. Grab some street food mid-day and watch street performers and live bands. Quite an experience. It's pretty big.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 40
2. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

All of those restaurants are wonderful! Farm is amazing but Edge is wonderful as well (best service in Park City). If you are going to be in the area of Canyons Resort, I would go to the Waldorf Astoria Spa, best massage I have every had. Good luck!

madison, ms
3. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Thanks for your reply! Great suggestions and good to know re: concert, bike rentals and restaurants. Any restaurant suggestions in DV?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 241
4. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

You could do J&G Grill at St. Regis on the concert night. It's just up the hill from the concert venue. You ride a short funicular (rail). You can also get picnic dinners and just dine at the concert itself, too. But J&G is world class.

madison, ms
5. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Many, many thanks, Tumbleweeds!!

Thanks Liz for the spa recommendation, I will definitely check that out!

Edited: 8:28 pm, June 15, 2013
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Riverhorse is fantastic. Main Street Brasserie also great. If you decide you need a casual meal, Squatters is excellent. Right near your hotel too. They do great breakfasts, lunch & dinner. Very fresh & tasty! Might look plain outside, but the food is great!

madison, ms
7. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

I am all for casual and affordable! I didn't realize that I mentioned most of the higher end places but delicious and great prices are a good combo as well. Thanks for letting me know about Squatters, the menu looks very good!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 19
8. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Wasatch has great brews but the food isn't the best. At least it wasn't the last time I took out of town guests about five years ago. Maybe it's improved since then.

I did just have some friends in from L.A. and New York that ate at The High West Distillery and said it was the best meal they had ever had, (blackened cod, I believe). I've been wanting to try it myself to see what the fuss was about. Also agree about St. Regis. I've had amazing food up there.

Here is a great spectacle at the Utah Olympic Park. It's very fun to watch in person.

visitparkcity.com/includes/…

Looks like there will be more music at the P.C. Cycling Festival too.

kpcw.org/events/…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 19
9. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

You may find this on your own, but there is the PC gallery stroll, which happens on the final Friday of every month.

http://www.parkcitygalleryassociation.com

madison, ms
10. Re: Park City Summer Itinerary- open for advice!

Thanks, shake! I wasn't aware of music at the cycling Fest and the gallery stroll! Great info and Olympic Park looks like a blast! I appreciate the link. I will let you know about High West. 😄