We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf course recommendation

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 14
Golf course recommendation

Hello - my husband and I are visiting Deer Valley late august for a 4 day weekend and to escape Houston Summer :) Staying at the St.Regis and very excited!!! We would love to golf and would look forward to golf recommendations. We like to golf on nice /scenic courses so willing to pay few extra $$ for the experience. We really just are going on this trip to golf a couple times, enjoy Park City & area, dine & relax :)

Thanks so much!!!

Lorio

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: Golf course recommendation

Lots of golf courses in Utah. One public course right in Park City, Park City Municipal. It's actually quite scenic located at the foot of the mountains adjacent to Park City Mountain Resort. It does fill up so get a tee time. FYI, while St. Regis is a fabulous hotel, so is Hotel Park City which is located at the course. Might be worth a look.

http://www.parkcity.org/index.aspx?page=171

Nearby Midway is also the home of a number of great courses. Wasatch State Park has several courses. I'm a bit partial to the Mountain and Lake courses as opposed to the new layouts near Soldier Hollow. The course at Homestead Resort is also nice.

http://www.stateparks.utah.gov/golf

homesteadresort.com/utah-resort-activities/u…

Check with the concierge at St. Regis to see if they can get you onto any of the private courses. There are a ton of them in the area including Park Meadows and Jeremy Ranch in Park City, Tuhaye near Kamas, Victory Ranch near Heber.

Out of all the options, the Wasatch Park Mountain and Lake course and Park City Municipal are all great and will give you a great experience.

Have fun.

Edited: 11:10 am, May 12, 2013
Park City, Utah
reviews: 3
2. Re: Golf course recommendation

I believe the only private course that does accept reservations is Promontory. They have two courses so I would suggest giving them a call as well.

http://www.promontoryclub.com

Utah
reviews: 7
3. Re: Golf course recommendation

Yeah, the great thing about Utah is that we have great and affordable public golf courses. Every time I play at award winning golf courses in other states, paying $100-150 per round, it frequently reminds me that I can play an equivalent or nicer course in UT for $10-30 per round.

I agree on the PC Municipal course. In late August, call a week earlier and get an early tee time (approx 7:30am). This is a busy course, but the early morning tee times are nice and the temps are wonderful as the sun comes up over the mountains. We do this every year and it is typically about 55-60F when we tee off #1, and then we enjoy most of the round at about 65-75F.

I also agree about the Mountain and Lake course in Midway, but I think that Soldier Hollow is nice enough as well. Not as nice as several others though. The Gold course is very difficult and LONG. The Silver course is much more manageable. If I had to choose though, I would certainly choose the Lake course first, then the Mountain course.

If I were in your shoes and had a 4 day weekend in PC. I would golf PC Municipal and if I could get on at either Promontory course I would do that. I know the Dye course allows 8 public tee times a day, but not sure about the Nicklaus course. So call those two well ahead of time to see if you can get a time. Then if you wanted more golf, I would take a very nice drive to Wasatch Mountain State Park courses. I wouldn't take the freeway (I-40) to get to them, but instead would opt for the more scenic drive up over the mountain on Highway 224. Since you are staying at Deer Valley, the 224 goes right through there, just hop on it and start driving south. It is a very beautiful drive, even in August when everything else is starting to dry out.

4. Re: Golf course recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 26, 2014