We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City Summer Advice Needed

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 50
Park City Summer Advice Needed

We will be flying into SLC for a summer tour of Yellowstone and would like to spend 2 nights in Park City. I have looked at the hotels on TA and condos on VRBO but there are so many different areas of town that i am left feeling overwhelmed. We want to be within walking distance to the main street where all the shops and restaraunts are located and have access to a pool for the kids.

Any recommendations?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
1. Re: Park City Summer Advice Needed

VRBO uses some strange definitions in some places in Park City. Look for Old Town North or South. A few key hotels would be Marriott Summit Watch, Caledonian, Sky Lodge - all right on lower part of Main Street. Also look a Treasure Mountain Inn up on top of Main Street but not sure there's a pool. Of those choices, Marriott Summit Watch is probably best for kids. Walking distance to probably 30+ restaurants. If you're here on a Sunday you can enjoy the weekly Park Silly Sunday Market on lower Main Street.

Have fun.

Utah
reviews: 61
2. Re: Park City Summer Advice Needed

Ditto Tumbleweed. I've stayed several times at the Marriott Summit Watch and never been disappointed. Last time I had 5 grandkids with me and they were entertained the entire week from morning to night. Very nice swimming pool area, within steps of all downtown shops and restaurants. I didn't move the car the entire week.

Check out the Park City ski resort for kid activities, from bounce houses to the alpine slide, there is something here for everyone. Beautiful location to kick back with an ice cream and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 20
3. Re: Park City Summer Advice Needed

I remember planning that first trip to Park City. It was overwhelming. I too like VRBO, use maps to sort out locations. Main Street isn't that long, it doesn't matter if you are at the "top or bottom" (that will make more sense after you're here). Lodging close to the Town Lift would be convenient to or actually on Main Street. Marriott Summit Watch is great location for Main Street access. If you go the VRBO route, send the owner an email asking questions. Most owners are very happy to answer questions about their listings. For most of us, it's a second home we enjoy too!!

4. Re: Park City Summer Advice Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, May 19, 2013
5. Re: Park City Summer Advice Needed

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 pm, June 07, 2013
6. Re: Park City Summer Advice Needed

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014