We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City vs Deer Valley vs Canyons in the Summer

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Park City vs Deer Valley vs Canyons in the Summer

Hi all,

So my wife and I are taking a trip sometime in August with another couple and their 3 year old kid. We were hoping to get advice on where the best places to stay are. Because we are going with another couple and their daughter, we were hoping for a location that offered lots of flexibility in terms of kid friendly activity, walk ability, restaurants and out door activities. Any and all help is appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Park City vs Deer Valley vs Canyons in the Summer

In addition to the three resorts, you should also consider Park City Main Street and Newpark out at Kimball Junction. Grand Summit at Canyons is probably the most family friendly resort hotel with dining, pool, etc. at reasonable price of the three resorts. Canyons has great zip lining, mountain biking, hiking, gondola ride, etc. Some restaurants. PCMR has most activities with significant on-mountain activities, alpine slide, coaster, horseback, minigolf, etc. Marriott Mountainside best hotel option. Fairly vibrant resort plaza. Close to Main Street. DV is quieter. Silver Lake better option than Snow Park. Mountain biking, chairlift rides, horseback. Some dining. Goldener Hirsch is nice.

Main Street offers most activity with easy access to PCMR. Marriott Summit Watch is best choice. Tons of restaurants, shops. Newpark Resort is also a great option. Small resort hotel, great pizza restaurant, tons of other restaurants, bowling alley, movie theaters, etc. Live music Thursdays in resort plaza.

Have fun.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Park City vs Deer Valley vs Canyons in the Summer

I agree with all the previous poster comments, I would opt for staying in Park City at PCMR or Main Street area. That way you are in the middle of all 3 resorts! They are truly 5 minutes apart. You should at least see all three. They each have a little different vibe, all three are great! You can't make a wrong choice since they are all so close.

Reply to: Park City vs Deer Valley vs Canyons in the Summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted