We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 309
Hotel choice

If you had a choice between the Waldorf Astoria four bedroom penthouse and two two bedroom deluxe cottages at Hotel Park City, which would you choose? My group is four adult couples who enjoy hiking and outdoor activities. The visit will be in summer.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
1. Re: Hotel choice

Both are great hotels but I would opt for Hotel Park City in the summertime. Both are in somewhat unusual locations with not too much around them. The setting for Hotel Park City is a bit better on the golf course. But if you're in that price range I would also consider St. Regis, Montage and Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley.

Have fun.

North Carolina
2. Re: Hotel choice

thank you for your response. That is most helpful. We are a group of couples and we wanted lodging with a common area for lounging and a full kitchen which limited our options at St. Regis, Montage and Stein Eriksen. I did contact each of them. Stein Ericksen suggested The Chateux at Silver Lake which also offered me a very good rte.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
3. Re: Hotel choice

OK, makes sense. The Chateux is good but I think you'll be better at Hotel Park City. It's across street from Stein's and doesn't have the same view or setting. Actually, knowing now what you want, you might look on VRBO for summer home rentals in Deer Valley or even Old Town. Odds are you can find a home for same or less.

Have fun.

North Carolina
4. Re: Hotel choice

I had trouble finding a home with four adult (as opposed to bunk bed) rooms with en suite bathrooms on VRBO. The price differential was not very great in those I did find and I figured the hotel service would make up for that.

Thanks for your help. If we end up in Park City (we are also looking at Jackson) I will be in touch for some more recommendations. You have been most kind.

5. Re: Hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 24, 2014