We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski trip to park city utah

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
ski trip to park city utah

my son is dying to go skiing out west and this is kind of last minute...I am assuming it is best to fly to Salt Lake City...i do not want to rent a car, so is there a shuttle from airport to ski resort hotels? what is a decent hotel that is easiest to get to beginner slopes and also easy to get to food ? i can't find a ski package anywhere , but if there are those online, would love to know too..

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
322 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: ski trip to park city utah

All Resort Express provides both private cars and shared vans from SLC to Park City (allresort.com).

Marriott Mountainside has good access to Park City Mountain Resort and several restaurants at the base of the mountain. You will also want to shop and dine on Main Street, and the local bus can get you there easily from the Marriott. The St. Regis at Deer Valley is close to the beginner area. They have a wonderful restaurant and are also close to the Seafood Buffet at Deer Valley. They provide rides into town for more restaurants. In fact, most of the Deer Valley hotels offer good shuttle services to Main Street. I'm not as familiar with lodging at Canyons.

Have a great time!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
12,713 posts
268 reviews
2. Re: ski trip to park city utah

As noted, All Resort is a good way to get to Park City from the SLC airport - only 35-40 minutes, very close. No need for a car while here. Each of the websites for the three resorts has a tab at the top called Vacation Planning or Where to Stay. There are plenty of packages under each of those tabs.

As noted, Marriott Mountainside is a good choice at Park City Mountain Resort. Lesser expensive nearby lodging includes Silver King and Shadow Ridge. At Canyons, Grand Summit is the best choice along with Sundial and Westgate. At Deer Valley, The Lodges is just a short distance from the base area and reasonably priced.

Have fun.

Alpine, Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
3. Re: ski trip to park city utah

Here's a link for the free Park City Transit system. It has routes that access all of the resorts from most of the major hotels and many condo complexes. It may also help you with planning where to stay based on the stops on the route and the travel time required. http://www.parkcity.org/index.aspx?page=422

4. Re: ski trip to park city utah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 21, 2014