We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 3/1-3/8

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
122 posts
57 reviews
Trip report 3/1-3/8

This trip was our 7th in the last 8 years (skipped one year due to knee surgery) since we purchased a time share at the Westgate at the Canyons. We have a 4 BR suite at Westgate. We try to bring our children (now 22 and 24) and friends whenever we come. I will post individual reports for some of the restaurants, lodging and activities. We arrived on Friday March 1. We picked up our rental car first. A car is not needed, but we like the flexibility it provides and it is free to park at Westgate. Next stop was Costco to pick up some food and more important, lift tickets. 5 pack for PC $339.99 and 2 pack for Canyons $139.99. Note that the Canyons tickets are direct to lift, while the PC tickets require you to go to the ticket window. Westgate sells Canyons tickets to owners for $78, cheaper at Costco! Upon arrival at Westgate, my friend and I ate at Drafts while my husband headed back to the airport to get my son and daughter who were arriving on later flights. We skied 4 days at Canyons, 1 at Deer Valley and 1 at PC. Had a great time at all. Had lunch twice at Lookout Cabin at Canyons (one of the best on mountain dining experiences anywhere). Dinners were at Drafts, The Farm, No Name, Fuego, Ghidotti's and Red Rock Brewery. My son and husband enjoyed their cocktails at High West Distillery. Highlight of trip other than skiing (of course) was the couple hours spent at The Paint Mixer, Park City's new paint and wine studio. A must do! The skiing was pretty good, only snowed one day while we there. Snow is definitely needed. We flew back to CT on Friday March 8 and drove straight to our ski house in VT for the weekend - more snow there! People ask which of the 3 resorts we like better. Hard to answer. They all offer something for everyone, regardless of ability. We are most familiar with the Canyons. Although it is very large, it is manageable once you know your way around. Pick an area or two and stick with it. We love the Pines and Aspens, as well as 9990 when there is fresh snow. PC provides great bowls, McConkey and Jupiter are favorites. DV has great groomers for the day midweek when we need a little break! I would be remiss if I didn't mention the cookies there! All in all, another great trip.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
268 reviews
1. Re: Trip report 3/1-3/8

Thanks for sharing. Canyons has really developed some fantastic on mountain and bottom of mountain dining the last few years.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
2. Re: Trip report 3/1-3/8

Thank you for visiting us at The Paint Mixer during your visit to Park City. We have another 71 featured paintings for you to choose from during your next time with us! We hope to see you on your next trip!

3. Re: Trip report 3/1-3/8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 17, 2014