We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Track Lift ticket?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
Fast Track Lift ticket?

Hi everyone,

Some friends and I will be skiing in Park City next week (3/11-3/16) and are looking at lift ticket prices, has anyone purhcased the PCMR's "fast track" ticket before? Are the lines really so long that it's worth an extra $50 (for a 3 day ticket)?

Also, is it possible to get to the SLC Costco without a car? PCMR tickets aren't listed on Costco.com right now, and we were planning on just taking the shuttle from the airport.

Thanks!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: Fast Track Lift ticket?

My personal opinion, but definitely not necessary to buy Fast Track. Of the days you're skiing, the only time it might really be beneficial would be Saturday, March 16. Others may feel differently, but I don't have one and never have an issue with PC lines.

You can get to the SLC Costco by taxi or by bus. You might also try Liftopia.com. I'm guessing that the bus from airport to the Costo on, I think, 400 West would take you 20-30 minutes. You would need to transfer buses. All in all, I suspect it would be far more hassle than it's worth.

Have fun.

Atlanta
reviews: 3
2. Re: Fast Track Lift ticket?

We are at PC now. The last two days, the only lift line we have seen was today at Silverload - and by lift line, I mean 5 minutes tops. There may be more schools on spring break next week, but I would not spend the money based on what we have had the last two days.

davie florida
reviews: 13
3. Re: Fast Track Lift ticket?

Skied PCMR last weekend....singles line seemed to progress almost as fast as Fast track...

Little Rock
reviews: 17
4. Re: Fast Track Lift ticket?

Skied several days recently ... on Sunday March 10th (which was a beautiful blue sky day) I was glad to have fast tracks, as the lines at the major lifts were "significant" ... and by significant I mean 15-ish minutes ... which actually is not that long considering what they used to be like in the "old days", but as the people I was with all had fast tracks, it made it much more convenient.

The other days, and at some of the less popular lifts, it was not needed.

As a FYI, the Costco discount tickets are not upgradeable to fast tracks (at PCMR)

Edited: 3:06 pm, March 18, 2013
5. Re: Fast Track Lift ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 20, 2014