We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia...
Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

Thanks in advance for your patience and advice. We want to take our boys (14, 11) skiing for spring break the first week of April. Park City has been recommended by many. Its fairly easy travel from Atlanta since its a Delta hub so we're game. Is this a good choice? I assume the conditions will still be alright. Let me know if its too late. What would be the best area around Park City to rent a condo? Obviously, we want great access for skiing/boarding and this is our first priority. But it would be nice to have easy access to other activities and dining. Is there a a central area (Old Town?) or does each resort have its own area. Deer Valley sounds great but I think the boys want to snowboard. Should they go straight to boards or should they learn to ski first? They have never been skiing and its been a long time for mom and dad. How much time would you allocate for lessons (skiing for mom and dad, boarding for the boys)? I was thinking a day. Do we want to stay at one resort or move around? Any tips on lift tickets, rentals, etc? Sorry for all of the questions. Thank you.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
1. Re: Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

Park City Mountain Resort will be your best option. You'll definitely encounter spring conditions which means it could be icy in the morning, it could be super soft by middway and slushy by afternoon. Or you could hit a nice powder dump. No way to know. PCMR will be best opportunity for good conditions.

If they want to snowboard, get them snowboarding. PCMR is good place.

You're late in season so you should be able to find decent lodging. Marriott Mountainside right at PCMR would be a great choice. Lots to do in the PCMR plaza or just five minutes by bus or 10-15 to walk to Main Street.

Other nearby lodging would be Shadow Ridge, Silver King, etc. You can also look for condos on VRBO. Old Town or anything along Main Street is also very good. You can also check liftopia.com for lift and rental deals.

Have fun.

Atlanta, Georgia...
2. Re: Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

Thanks Tumbleweed! Exactly the info I was looking for. Too risky this late in the season? Unfortunately, our spring break is very late. Kinda stinks as the only other window we have is over Christmas when everything is at a premium.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
3. Re: Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

I don't think it's risky, it's just spring skiing. I would still do it if that's when you have the break.

Atlanta
reviews: 4
4. Re: Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

Atlanta Costcos are selling PCMR lift tickets in books of 5 for around $335. Makes each ticket $67. Best deal we could find.

5. Re: Where to Rent Condo and other Advice for PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, March 09, 2014