We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Park City July 4

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Willamette Valley
reviews: 3
Hotel in Park City July 4

I am looking for a hotel for about $200 a night that my family of 4 can stay in over the 4th of July. We want to take in the parade and fireworks. Also when it comes to the parade how early should we get out to stake spots out? I want this to be a great day to remember from our road trip. Thank you

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
1. Re: Hotel in Park City July 4

Marriott Summit Watch on lower Main Street would put you right into the action with lots of restaurants and shops, plus easy access to stake out a spot. Night before isn't too early, but if you're up to Main Street before 7-8 am you should still get something.

Another good option is staying at Canyons Resort, either Grand Summit (Best) or Sundial. Both afford great access to the plaza for the July 3 band and fireworks.

Lastly, we have friends who visit over the Fourth each year and stay at Newpark Resort at Kimball Junction.

Have fun.

Willamette Valley
2. Re: Hotel in Park City July 4

The night before! Do people just rope off, put chairs or use tape to save spots? Is this allowed? My family is really looking forward to Park City!

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hotel in Park City July 4

I live on the parade route, and I can tell you chairs go up the evening before the parade. If you get out early on July 4th (pre-8am) you can probably find a spot, but any later than that and you most likely won't be on the front lines.

Willamette Valley
4. Re: Hotel in Park City July 4

Thomas J-

If we brought a plastic tablecloth and duct taped it to the sidewalk would that work? We are not bringing chairs (a 3 week road vacation and no room for chairs).

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
5. Re: Hotel in Park City July 4

That would work or just buy some cheap chairs at Walmart.

Have fun.

6. Re: Hotel in Park City July 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 05, 2014