We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls, New...
reviews: 2
Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

Will be skiing both places during Presidents Week and our group of 8 likes to stop mid-ski day for a nice meal. Are reservations needed or even possible? If so, at which restaurants? Any suggestions on specific restos greatly appreciated. Looking for ambience, food, views, wine. Probably in that order too. Haha. Thx

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

Most of the restaurants on mountain will not take reservations. It's really not a big issue but, yes, you may have to wait around or juggle to get a table. Do check Lookout Cabin at Canyons as it MIGHT although I doubt it.

Both locations do have plenty of base area restaurants that may take a res. At Deer Valley look to hotel restaurants at The Montage, St. Regis, Stein Eriksen Lodge and Goldener Hirsch. At Canyons try The Farm at the Grand Summit or the restaurant inside the Grand Summit itself.

Of all the choices I've listed, the terrace at St. Regis at Deer Valley would be the best for the criteria you've listed. Check to see if they would reserve a table on the terrace or if you would have to go inside to J&G Grill, which would also be nice. You also can't beat lunch at Stein's Lodge.

Have fun.

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 45
2. Re: Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

My favorite DV lunches are at Goldener Hirsch, which takes reservations, Royal Street Cafe, which may take reservations, and the bar at the St. Regis (I'm addicted to their tuna burger!), which doesn't take reservations. J & G, adjacent to the bar, does take reservations. The skiers buffets at both Steins and the Montage are delicious. Steins is hit or miss on reservations. At busy times, they often only offer reservations to hotel guests. I think that Montage may be the same way. I suggest putting wine first in your list of wants/needs, by the way!

alvinut
3. Re: Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

Lookout cabin at the canyons does take reservations. Great food and great views from from the deck on a nice day.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 40
4. Re: Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

We snagged reservations for the Stein Erikson buffet at lunchtime for a group of 7, and a table with views out the back, but that was a couple of years back now. We didn't try making any anywhere else as the group split into two to make finding tables easier.

SWT

5. Re: Lunch reservations needed at either Deer Val or Canyons?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 09, 2014