We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer...help needed

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
395 posts
34 reviews
First timer...help needed

We're active seniors looking to spend a week in Park City around mid-May. We are going to do a timeshare exchange and have narrowed it down to either the Marriott Mountainside or the Marriott Summit Watch. We know one is on Main Street while the other is a short distance away. They both have nice accommodations but we're looking for some advice hoping to make our decision easier.

Will the shuttle be running at that time or does it run only during ski season? Will most restaurants be open since it will be a shortly after the off season?

I know both restaurants and things to do are listed on TA but any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks

CJ

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
12,717 posts
268 reviews
1. Re: First timer...help needed

In mid-May this is an easy choice. For sure go with Marriott Summit Watch on lower Main Street. At that time, the resort will have some but not have its full summer operations. And in any season you have a wider variety of restaurants and shops on Main Street than at the resort. While in mid-May you will still find some off-season closures, you honestly won't notice it on Main Street. Yes, the bus system runs year round.

Have fun.

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
395 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: First timer...help needed

Thanks for the info. Will golf courses be open then? Are there bike trails in the area? Don't know if there will be much snow left to prevent doing some of these activities as well as hiking and geocaching.

CJ

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
12,717 posts
268 reviews
3. Re: First timer...help needed

Yes, golf courses will be open and we have quite a few although only one public course in Park CIty. More in nearby Midway. Over 400 miles of biking trails. Most of the trails on the mountain will still be closed but the valley trails, some paved, will all be in full gear. Plenty of Geocaching, too. I actually used to be very active but got out of it a few years ago when it just got too big. But a few hundred in the immediate Park City area.

Have fun.

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
395 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: First timer...help needed

Took your advice into consideration and then did book the Marriott Summit Watch. I spoke with the front desk manager there who was so pleasant, honest and helpful that it reconfirmed my choice. Thanks for all the info and it will give me time to plan our stay. Will be looking into hiking, tubing, taking the Heber Valley scenic train and touring the Olympic village. I'm sure there's plenty to do in town as well.

CJ

5. Re: First timer...help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 01, 2014