We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

I am heading to Park City next Friday the 8th and looking to enjoy some bars for apres-ski. My question is, if i am going straight to main street after skiing - what do i do with my skis and even boots (if i dont change into shoes)? Also - if i take the town lift from PCMR or even the Quit-n-time Run - i am still fully outfitted - what do i do? I have been looking into going to High West Distillery which is right by the lift. Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 222
1. Re: Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

Well, it's a problem. Where are you staying? You might want to make a stop back at the hotel/condo. For bars at the resort, it's not unusual at all to be in the bars with ski boots after skiing. It's a bit more unusual on Main Street, and you'll feel a bit uncomfortable at High West with ski boots. One alternative is to carry some slip on shoes in a backpack or parka, then just chuck your boots into a corner. I work in the sport and on occasion I do throw a pair of light closed-toe slip ons for situations where I want to get out of boots for a while.

Where are you staying?

Big snows over the weekend and more coming this week.

Have fun.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

We are staying at Crescent Ridge. Saw the big snow - hoping for another dump next week before we come!

So if we do go straight out, and change into boots - think we can toss our skis somewhere? I figure you are right, at the base of the mountains we can just leave our skis in a rack not far away.

3. Re: Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 30, 2014