We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 38
Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

Don't you hate those lodging questions that have been asked and answered a million times. or the question where to eat lunch- on the slopes- duh... :)

now that I got that off my chest

4 guys coming west next friday. We have one day in PC before our condo is available in Ogden. We plan on skiing DV and all are very good, experienced west coast skiers. Love the steeps, love powder and love tree skiing. Thoughts on what part of the mountain we should head towards to maximize our time.

Is there a better morning or afternoon side? any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
1. Re: Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

Not much for powder and trees are a bit sketchy. But skiing is great. Head directly to Empire and you'll be fine. Park at Snow Park base and take Carpenter lift then ski down to Quincy and ski down to Empire - 20 minutes. Daly Chutes should be to your liking there - steep, bumped out. You'll also like the adjoining Lady Morgan lift.

Mayflower lift on east side of resort is another decent choice. Not a fave area of mine but decent steeps.

I would caution you on the trees right now - not a lot of snow depth in there.

If you want to avoid the in-town traffic, you can just head out to the Deer Crest Gondola base on US 40. No headaches and on a Friday you'll park close to the lift. It will add a bit of time as you'll just drop down into Snow Park base but at least you'll avoid in-town traffic.

I'll be there Friday. Have fun, skiing is really good right now for the snow we have.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
2. Re: Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

Thanks. Agree don't want trees if not safe or fun. We will be skiing POW mow most of week and usually find some stashes although last winter was tough. Probably get a day at snow basin also. Praying for sunny days and snowy nights.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
3. Re: Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

Have a great trip. Wear your headgear.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
4. Re: Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

Thanks RR, always do!!

5. Re: Don't care about lodging- ski question DV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 27, 2014