We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for Sundance ?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Best place to stay for Sundance ?

Have decided to go to Sundance Film festival next year. Never been to park city, starting my research early.

We plan to do everything Sundance and see as many films as possible. We are 4 adults and a teenager , needs suggestions for lodging that will enhance our Sundance experience and not break the bank!

Thank you!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
12,695 posts
268 reviews
1. Re: Best place to stay for Sundance ?

Unfortunately good lodging and not breaking the bank don't go together. Here's a few suggestions.

The most intense period for Sundance is the Thursday through Sunday of first weekend. It mellows out DRAMATICALLY after that. Given that you have a somewhat large group, you might want to check VRBO and similar websites for condo listings in the Old Town area of Park City which would put you in the height of the Main Street activity area. While there are no films showing in that area, it puts you in the hub-bub of activity, parties, etc. Easy to use free bus system to get to films.

Another option to save money is to look out at Kimball's Junction by I-80. Newpark Resort and the associated condos out there are great choices. There's good bus service from there to town. Also variety of lower cost chain hotels like Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, etc. out there.

Also look at resorts like Canyons. This is a slower time for ski resorts and lodging there is not necessarily a first choice of festival goers so you may find deals. Also check lower priced lodging in town like Park City Peaks. Decent cheap hotel on main road with good bus access and walking distance to some theaters.

No matter where you stay, you'll have a great experience. We love Sundance time and the experience of going to movies at a film festival is truly unique.

Have fun.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Best place to stay for Sundance ?

Thank you, I now have a starting point. Where are the films generally shown if not in old town park city, do I need a car, we want to enjoy the films and after parties, festivities .

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
3. Re: Best place to stay for Sundance ?

Parking is a bit of a hassle during Sundance. Our company rents four wheel drive vehicles and I can't honestly recommend one unless you are staying in a neighborhood on the mountain, far from any bus routes.

That being said, a vehicle will allow you to escape the crowds for a day to visit areas just outside Park City.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
322 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Best place to stay for Sundance ?

One film venue is right on Main Street: the Egyptian Theater. The bulk of the other venues are all within a few minutes of each other, and they are all serviced by bus, which is definitely the best way to get around during the festival. So, I think that Old Town, with its great bus access and the fun hustle and bustle, is a perfect place to stay. As you look at the options, keep bus access in mind and you'll be in good shape. Most of the theaters (Eccles, Prospector Square, Library, MARC, and Holiday) are fairly close to each other in Park City.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Best place to stay for Sundance ?

Thank you! That helps alot!!

6. Re: Best place to stay for Sundance ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 01, 2014