We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner suggestions for young couple

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mikeyboy714
Dinner suggestions for young couple

My girlfriend and I are going to Deer Valley for a few nights and wanted to get some advice regarding dining. We are staying at the St. Regis and will probably have dinner at the restaurant there the first night but have the following two nights (Monday and Tuesday) open.

We were considering Glitretind one night and Mariposa, but also somewhere in Park City. I'd like at least one of the meals to be more intimate/dressy but would be open to a more casual, younger crowd for the other. My concern is that we might out of place if Deer Valley is more of an older crowd.

We are from California and enjoy a lot of fine dining in CA, Chicago, and New York. I prefer to stay away from seafood since we get so much of that here.

Any suggestions? Or would our choices be good?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: Dinner suggestions for young couple

I think you'll find yourself quite at home. All three restaurants you've initially chosen are world class - you won't be disappointed. I would also add Goldener Hirsch (also in Silver Lake, between Mariposa and Stein's) - small boutique hotel patterned after namesake in Salzburg. Very nice restaurant - much smaller and intimate than any of the others.

If you want to venture to Main Street, look at Silver or Talisker on Main. Both are relatively new and gaining nice reviews. Both definitely in class as your primary choices.

All of these restaurants will have a broad clientele but you'll feel right at home.

One other suggestion I would make is to consider Fireside Dining at Empire Lodge. This is our favorite night out in winter. All courses are served buffet style at each of four fireplaces. Wonderful raclette course to start, then various Dutch oven dishes, meat on a spit and deserts with sauces warmed by the fire. Bargain at $58/person. You can start with a sleigh ride. Only downside is it's a large room (two floors actually). It's also a popular reservation. Do this only if you can get a table in one of the two far back small rooms (preferable the farthest back room). They will know what you're asking for when you call for a res.

Have fun.

mikeyboy714
2. Re: Dinner suggestions for young couple

Thanks for the advice. We definitely looked into the Fireside Dining but unfortunately it looks like they are only open Wednesday to Saturday.

It sounds like our existing choices should be good then. Having never been to the Park City region we weren't sure if perhaps the guests at each resort might be vastly different. We might try to make it into town one evening just to check out the scene.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
3. Re: Dinner suggestions for young couple

To that point, I would definitely do one night on Main Street and not all three at DV. For sure you'll want a bit more diversity.

4. Re: Dinner suggestions for young couple

I second the suggestion to try the Fireside Dining at Empire Lodge. Make a reservation. On Main Street Bistro 412, Prime and Ciscero's are all excellent.

5. Re: Dinner suggestions for young couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 15, 2014