We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UBVRS - Utah Best Vacation Rentals Poor Reviews

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stanford
UBVRS - Utah Best Vacation Rentals Poor Reviews

I'm posting this as I also want to warn everyone else to avoid this company at all costs.

1. There was no promised internet. Customer rep claims that they were in the midst of switching providers and the new provider didn't turn up as expected. As such, it's just too bad for me as they claim it was 3rd party. This is acceptable if the apartment came with internet but it broke down. But due to the failure to plan properly, they delivered an apartment with no internet and that is their failure. It caused extreme inconvenience for us as we need to book lift tickets, airline check-ins and even clear some work emails. This is completely unacceptable.

2. TV in the masterbed room was NOT WORKING. They said it is PROBABLY (they are not sure) due to the same reason as the internet. Can you imagine going on a holiday and your master bedroom had no TV?? Sure, TV is not everything, but it is pretty impt when you want to just lie down and relax after a long day of skiing. We got pretty much the same excuse, it's too bad, this is 3rd party fault, and not ours.

3. They were many failures throughout the entire house. Lights with no bulbs, electrical sockets that don't work and the list continues.

4. One of the bathroom shower could not get enough heat to even take a bath. My mother had to use my children's bathroom to bath. Water pressure was also serious bad and just not possible to bath in.

5. No instructions whatsoever of where to find things and how to work different things like the heater, etc. No maps, no directions on how to get to the lifts (promised to be walking distance but we didn't find it within walking distance) and how to get to the community club. This just speaks of really poor management and customer service.

I am seriously disappointed with this place and I warn everyone who intends to rent from Utah Best Vacation Rentals (http://utahsbestvacationrentals.com/) as i will NEVER rent from them again as their management of the property is extremely poor and they refused to do anything about it when I demanded for some refund. Obviously customer service is not their top priority and my stay sucked so bad with no internet and no TV.

2 replies to this topic
1. Re: UBVRS - Utah Best Vacation Rentals Poor Reviews

James,

We did have some issues with the internet and TV that were out of our control. We gave you a complete refund even after sending our maintenance staff multiple times. You even agreed that it was satisfied with you. We take great care to ensure our units are inspected before each arrival with a 120 item checklist. We were surprised to see this review on every website after you had explained to guest services that you were very pleased with your full refund. We worked very hard to please you and your guests during your stay to ensure your happiness.

Shanghai, China
2. Re: UBVRS - Utah Best Vacation Rentals Poor Reviews

Unlike the original poster, I had an incredible experience with UBVR and would gladly use them again. We rented a large home to share with over a dozen friends and family, plus about 8 or 10 young children, to celebrate a milestone birthday. Everything in the home was as advertised, and even better than it looked in the photos. The facility had a great hot tub, an indoor climbing wall that the kids didn't stop playing on, an indoor theater, pool table, and tons of space. Kind of an embarassment of riches for a family that was living in a small New York apartment. The location was great--extremely convenient to the ski slopes. UBVR was very easy to work with, even hooking us up with a local cook to cater a party.

No company is perfect; mistakes will happen. It's hard to argue when someone feels like they had a terrible experience. As a frequent traveler, I've had my fair share of poor experiences. But after reading this post, I felt that it was important to share that UBVR gave me one of my best.

To check on whether my experience was an aberration or whether the original poster's was, I took a look at their Better Business Bureau report. It doesn't appear that the BBB has any concerns or pending disputes: bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/vacation-renta…

Reply to: UBVRS - Utah Best Vacation Rentals Poor Reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted