We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Givat Ela
reviews: 19
skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

I am a solo skier and I was checking different lodging possibilities at park city and they are expensive, at Salt Lake they are cheaper/

I am planing to rent a car. I will appreciate recommendation of lodging in Salt Lake with easy access to park city, in which area to stay? It is really just 30 minutes travelling from SLC to park city resorts? which one of the resorts is closer to SLC?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 195
1. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

It's an easy drive from Salt Lake City up to any of the nearby resorts. As noted, the Park City resorts are about 30 minutes from downtown, a bit closer from the east side. If you stay on the east side or along southern stretch of I-215 (Crystal Inn in Murray is a good choice) you're about 30 minutes or a bit more from the Big Cottonwood resorts (Solitude, Brighton) or Little Cottonwood (Snowbird, Alta).

It is a great way to economize. If you want to have a wider choice of restaurants, shops, look to stay downtown. If you want more convenience to skiing, look at places along the southern or eastern stretch of I-215.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
2. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

What do you consider expensive? While there are certainly expensive places in Park City, there are also reasonably priced establishments that may not be much more expensive than staying in Salt Lake and would be more convenient and more in keeping with the mountain experience -- I am thinking about places such at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express in the Kimball Junction area, or for best value and more character check out vrbo, my www.vrbo.com/388097 property, used as an example / there are others, for example has nothing but 5 of 5 star reviews and rents for $100/night assuming 5 night stay (slightly more for shorter stays), isn't right in old town but has great mountain views and character, is super comfortable, and is considerably closer than Salt Lake.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 87
3. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

The new Hampton Inn and Suites at Foothill Village in east SLC would be an easy access to I-80 at the mouth of Parley's canyon.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 16
4. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

Try huber city, ut

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
5. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

There are a couple cheap motels in Heber, which is 15/20 miles away. The road to Park City (US40) is maintained very well.

However, if you value skiing more than nightlife and fancy food, just stay in SLC and visit Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon. The skiing is usually better and more varied, but the resort amenities are not as well developed.

Givat Ela
6. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

Thank you very much for your recommendation, which hotel are on the southern or eastern stretch of I-215.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 87
7. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

There is a Residence Inn at the Southeastern turn of 215. Very convenient to the cottonwood canyons and Park City.

Just a little west of that (maybe 5 min) in the Ft Union/Midvale area are Crystal Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Also easy access to 215

Givat Ela
8. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

Thank you very much for all the comments. Finally, I decided to stay at the red lion hotel in downtown salt lake. Now the question is where to ski at the end of February, I will arrive at SLC on Wednesday at the morning, and leave saturday at the afternoon. I am an intermediate-advanced skier. how to combine the different resorts in the area. there is a any combined ticket??

Alpine, Utah
9. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

Check with the Red Lion. They used to offer something called a Salt Lake Super Pass which you can use at Brighton/Solitude/Alta/Snowbird--one resort per day. You pick the number of ski days over a one or two week period, and then redeem the pass at whichever resort you choose for the day. It also includes free UTA transportation to the resorts.

Here's info from the Red Lion website here:

saltlakecityredlion.com/salt-lake-city-vacat…

There is more information on this link:

http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/superpass/

10. Re: skiing at par city and lodging at salt lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 13, 2014