We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
reviews: 25
Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

HI all,

I am travelling from Australia and intend to ski the UTAH resorts. I have been reading up a bit but am not sure where to stay in UTAH. SLC and the suburbs can offer cheaper accommodation I think, but there is the trouble with transport as I do not intend to hire a car. The UTA bus service looks good, but I am not sure if many visitors use this.

So, I will try Park city.

Can anyone recommend a accommodation provided for singles in the Park city area? I generally don't like hostels or backpackers.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

Park City would be a good choice in that you'll get three resorts all accessible by free bus system. Any hotel can provide accommodations for a single. Guessing that you're looking for budget lodging. If that's the case, try Park City Peaks which is traditionally one of the lowest cost hotels. It's location is not so interesting but it is right on a bus line and you have quick access to all three resorts. There are a few restaurants in reasonable walking distance.

There are a variety of shuttle companies to get you from airport to Park City. All Resort is a good choice. Plan on around $40 each way.

Have fun.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 16
2. Re: Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

I have stayed at several places in park city at different price points. The best deal will be PC peaks and includes breakfast. You might find cheaper rooms out in kimball junction and still be on the free bus. If you had a car, then there are a couple of motels in huber city that are cheap.

Canberra, Australia
reviews: 25
3. Re: Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

Can anyone also comment on using UTA bus service from SLC. Is it user friendly enough? How does someone carry skies and gear? Does it go to a hold or do you have to hand carry it for the 45 minutes trip up the mountains on Cottonridge road?

From what I read the resorts of ALTA and Solitude are supposed to be great.

Edited: 9:34 pm, January 01, 2013
4. Re: Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 pm, June 07, 2013
Alpine, Utah
5. Re: Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

The UTA bus system works great to the local resorts. Here's the UTA Ski Bus website:

www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=RidingUTA-SkiService

I wouldn't ride it from SLC to Park City. However, I lived in Sandy, UT till a couple of years ago which is just west of Little Cottonwood Canyon (Snowbird/Alta) and southwest of Big Cottonwood Canyon (Brighton/Solitude). My kids took all their lessons at Brighton. Once they were about 12, we just took them to the park and ride lot right nearest our house and sent them on the bus. They have holds for the equipment so you don't have to keep it with you on the bus. The buses are great, run on time, but can get very crowded at times. There were a few times when they had to wait for the next bus. The closer you are to the mouth of the canyons, the more crowded the bus. If you start at one of the Trax stations, or one of the lots a little further west, you shouldn't have any problems getting a seat. Alta is a ski-only resort that gets the most snow of all the resorts. Solitude is less crowded. You can get a combined Snowbird/Alta Pass that allows you to ski both resorts. I think some of the hotels/travel agents also offer something called a superpass that is interchangeable between all of the Cottonwood Canyon resorts. Check with your hotel on that one. Brighton is popular with families and snowboarders and locals. It is my kids' favorite place next to Park City. Park City is a resort town with three world-class resorts, nightlife, shopping, theaters, anything you could want all in one place with a free bus to boot. Lots to do all in one place. Lot's of international visitors as well. There is amazing skiing at every one of the resorts in the area. Check out the SkiUtah website for links to all resorts and lots of good info:

http://www.skiutah.com/winter/index.html

6. Re: Solo traveller 3 ski days in UTAH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 13, 2014