We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 18
Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Planning on visiting mid march. Husband wants to learn snowboarding; last time we've been on skis was over 20 years ago. we're in our mid-50's. Bringing children/ 19 and 26. None of us ski/ or board, but may try our hand at boarding. I am interested in Cross Country skiing and snowshoeing.

I'd like a 2 or 3 bedroom condo; husband wants ski in/ski out. Where would the best place to stay where we could all be happy?

Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Canyons Resort offers a wide range of options. Grand Summit or Hyatt Escala are best choice. Sundial and Westgate OK. All ski in/out or close to it.

For Park City Mountain Resort, check Marriott Mountainside which is right at the resort plaza. Silver Star is another great option with its own lift. Downside is it's not at the resort plaza itself.

Have fun.

Florida
2. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Thanks for you input. It will help in the planning!

Park City, UT
3. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

The Canyons Resort would offer the most ski in/ski out accommodations. Check out Waldorf Astoria and the Grand Summit. Grand Summit is right in the resort plaza and the Waldorf is slightly further down the mountain, but is accessed by its own gondola.

I agree with the Park City Mountain recommendations- Marriott slopside and Silver Star are nice accommodations. The Lodges at Mountain Village are another option and are located right at the resort plaza.

White Pine Touring (http://www.whitepinetouring.com/) offers cross country ski rentals and can give you information on trails in the area.

Our company, Skis on the Run (www.skisontherun.com) can deliver and pickup your snowboarding equipment directly from your condo. We also offer snowshoe rentals.

Good luck!

Knoxville, TN
reviews: 73
4. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Just in case you don't know, you will need to limit your snowboarding to the Canyons and Park City ski resorts. Deer Valley doesn't allow snowboards!

Florida
5. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Thank you very much!

Park City, Utah
reviews: 2
6. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

Someone said Sundial OK, with such occupying one of the best locations in the base village (it and Grand Summit have the two most central spots) I believe such likely refers to some of the units that still reflect that of when the property was originally built arround 10 years ago. That said, many of the units have been upgraded (full disclosure, i own/rent one of those upgraded units, www.sundialatcanyons.com) and are primo units, with primo location, and primo amenities.

Also some other choices at Canyons include Hyatt Escalla and Miners Club.

All of the above can be booked either through the resort or direct with owners on VRBO.

Florida
7. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

I've found some units at Westgate through VRBO. Any comments?

Thanks.

Also, want to learn cross country skiing and snow shoeing. Any companies out there that provide rentals/ lessons/ tours?

Thanks.

DeLand, Florida
reviews: 45
8. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

We just finished the 3-day ski school at the Canyons, we had great instructors. Our favorite was Stefan, he did our group lesson but his attention to the students was on a more personnel level.

We are also staying at the Waldorf Astoria which is not on the main concourse of the Canyons but it has its own gondola, and a ski trail back to the ski valet. They pick you up from the ski valet in a van so you do not have to walk the 100 yards back to the lobby. They have a boot room with staff to help with your boots and hot chocolate and water for returning skiers. Grab some water and sunscreen before you head out.

I you need a private lesson talk ask for Stefan he will definitely be worth it.

9. Re: Need help deciding where to stay for Ski holiday in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 05, 2014